2016-2017 NCAA Hoops Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016-2017 NCAA Hoops Thread

Zags v. Aztecs tonight. Zags started slow, but have come on. Added some nice players after Sabonis and Wiltjer left, including freshman Zach Collins and Killian Tillie and grad-transfer Jordan Mathews. They are going to be tough, as always.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Originally posted by falafel View Post
    Zags v. Aztecs tonight. Zags started slow, but have come on. Added some nice players after Sabonis and Wiltjer left, including freshman Zach Collins and Killian Tillie and grad-transfer Jordan Mathews. They are going to be tough, as always.
    Watched the game but couldn't remember Tillie's name. They always just reload. So frustrating. Not sure how we'll match up against Karnowski, Collins, and Tillie.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
      Watched the game but couldn't remember Tillie's name. They always just reload. So frustrating. Not sure how we'll match up against Karnowski, Collins, and Tillie.

Kaufusis tend to give Gonzaga bigs trouble, so that should help. Gonzaga is tough.
      Last edited by LiveCoug; 11-15-2016, 07:18 AM.

Comment

Early returns on some of the more highly touted freshmen/NBA prospects.

Lauri Markannen of Arizona looks like he has a chance to be special. Strong, athletic big who can really shoot the 3 and has a nice post game. Kobi Simmons had his moments and looks like he could be pretty special.

Miles Bridges was a little out of control, but was productive and is an impressive talent. Reminded me a bit of Carmelo Anthony early at Syracuse.

Frank Jackson has led or been second on the team in scoring in every Duke game/exhibition. In Duke's first real game, he dropped 18 on 7-10 shooting. Giles and Tatum still not playing due to injury.

D'Aaron Fox, Malik Monk and Bam Adebayo all looked pretty good in UK's last game. Adebayo looks like a young Dwight Howard.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

SDSU is supposed to be the best from the MWC and they're not that good. We would win that league.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueK View Post
            SDSU is supposed to be the best from the MWC and they're not that good. We would win that league.
            Commentators said they were missing a key guy and that others were slowed by injury.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

SDSU always struggles to score.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                SDSU always struggles to score.
                Even in their game against San Diego, who is picked for dead last in the WCC this year.

Comment

No. 4 Oregon loses the battle of the highlighters to Baylor, 66-49.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Maybe there could be a few more closeups of Frank Jackson saying "f____" on his "mission."

Comment

Maybe there could be a few more closeups of Frank Jackson saying "f____" on his "mission."
                      Need a GIF of that.

Comment

After those big time threes he drained, his f bomb will get about as much attention and be remembered about the same as all those times i dropped it on my mission.
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Washington's Markelle Fultz, who may have already been the favorite for #1 overall, put up 35 on 10-14 FGs last night. 3-5 from three with 6 assists. It was against CS Fullerton in a high scoring game, so, there's that, but the performance certainly doesn't hurt his already sky high stock.

He'll be one to keep an eye on.
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

The Zags are dismantling Zona early on. They also can shoot their threes. BYU has a long way to compete with the Zags this year.
                            "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Lol. BYU would need to shoot 60% from 3 to have any shot. This team has reloaded in a big way.
                              "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Working...
                              X