Sochi 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sochi 2014

At the speed skating trials today. Amazing speed on the ice.

Cities that don't have snow and/or have palm trees should not host the winter Olympics

Comment

One less reason to watch the Sochi olympics... http://espn.go.com/olympics/skiing/s...ue-knee-injury
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
        One less reason to watch the Sochi olympics... http://espn.go.com/olympics/skiing/s...ue-knee-injury
        I guess you'll just have to settle for watching her play Stiffler's mom in American Pie.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Is a sochi the Asian ice cream thing with a pastry of some kind on the outside? I had one last time we were in Vegas and it was good.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Is a sochi the Asian ice cream thing with a pastry of some kind on the outside? I had one last time we were in Vegas and it was good.
            Awesome. I may grab one over lunch now.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              she's sexier on the internet anyways.
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

So these guys should break even.

The total costs of the Winter Olympics in Sochi have been estimated to be at least $50 billion, well over the $12 billion President Vladimir Putin said it would cost in 2007.
                The cost of the Sochi Olympics is more than the total costs of all previous Winter Olympics combined, according to the Los Angeles Times. In comparison, the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City cost $2.5 billion.

Comment

$50 billion? Holy cow!

My buddy is going to do security over there. Worries me a bit.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

i would really, really hate to be a resident of chechnya or dagestan after the olympics if there are any bombings. putin will level the place.
                    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Sochi Olympics and other Olympic matters, not hockey

I loved that story back then.

Boit and Daehlie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25861305
                      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Bump for topper.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          I loved that story back then.

Boit and Daehlie.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-25861305
                          This is good. This way we have one Sochi Olympic thread for everything that is boring (not hockey) and one Sochi Olympic thread for everything that is exciting (hockey).
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
                            Bump for topper.
                            Topper's thread is better as it specifically includes the only thing that matters about the Sochi Olympics for it. That way we don't have any hockey talk mixed into this thread. We really need to segregate the great of Sochi (hockey) from the boring (everything else).
                            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Mods, please merge this with the already-existing Sochi Olympics thread.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...39#post1065139
                              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                              X