I like Jake Heaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Jake Heaps

Even though he looks like a dork and waddles like a platypus, I think he's going to be a good QB at BYU. I don't think he's going to be the best college QB in the country and I don't think he's going to win the Heisman, but I think he's going to do just fine at BYU. He might even start. Shoot, he might start as a freshman. Besides, his mom said he has a "special bond" with Bronco. How sweet!

My judgments are based on watching last week's game against Oaks Christian, watching his highlight videos and reading quite a bit about him. He's gotten about as much training as a QB could possibly get. He's had the individual off-season QB coaching, he's been in an ideal high school system, and he's had quite a bit of talent around him (Kasen Williams was the best player on the field last Friday and is a total freak of nature). I'm not sure how much more he can improve; then again, he might be good enough already that he doesn't need to improve much. Time will tell.

His greatest feat as a Cougar, however, might have been convincing Stout, Apo and others to come to BYU with a flurry of text messages that puts even the geekiest dot-commers to shame. For that I salute him forever!

Originally posted by Hazzard View Post
    Even though he looks like a dork and waddles like a platypus, I think he's going to be a good QB at BYU. I don't think he's going to be the best college QB in the country and I don't think he's going to win the Heisman, but I think he's going to do just fine at BYU. He might even start. Shoot, he might start as a freshman. Besides, his mom said he has a "special bond" with Bronco. How sweet!

My judgments are based on watching last week's game against Oaks Christian, watching his highlight videos and reading quite a bit about him. He's gotten about as much training as a QB could possibly get. He's had the individual off-season QB coaching, he's been in an ideal high school system, and he's had quite a bit of talent around him (Kasen Williams was the best player on the field last Friday and is a total freak of nature). I'm not sure how much more he can improve; then again, he might be good enough already that he doesn't need to improve much. Time will tell.

His greatest feat as a Cougar, however, might have been convincing Stout, Apo and others to come to BYU with a flurry of text messages that puts even the geekiest dot-commers to shame. For that I salute him forever!
    I thought he had some great physical ability. Other than he and Kasen his team was totally overmatched. I think it realtively likely he starts next year and while I expect it to be a rough year, it will be interesting to see him develop.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      I thought he had some great physical ability. Other than he and Kasen his team was totally overmatched. I think it realtively likely he starts next year and while I expect it to be a rough year, it will be interesting to see him develop.
      If he doesn't start I'm sure Bronco will have hell to pay with Kelly. She's probably got him wrapped around her little finger, though.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        If he doesn't start I'm sure Bronco will have hell to pay with Kelly. She's probably got him wrapped around her little finger, though.
        Did you notice how when the recruiting questions came along Kelly took control of the mic? Trully, he will be as the Army of Helamen!

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I don't disagree that he can do some great things physically; I just wonder if he's at his peak already. Either way, the next couple of years are definitely going to be interesting at QB for BYU. I'm fascinated to see how it plays out.

Is Heaps' mom a meddler, as SU seems to be pointing out? I'm not a TBS guy and I don't have any kind of an "inside scoop" on the Heaps family.

Comment

I think he's going to turn out to be a good one. I have no idea if he will start next year or not although if I had to guess I think Nelson will beat him out. That's not a knock on Heaps. The transition from high school quarterback to college quarterback is a major leap. Let's not forget that Nelson was PArade All American coming out of high school. It will be a fun battle to watch.

Comment

I don't disagree that he can do some great things physically; I just wonder if he's at his peak already. Either way, the next couple of years are definitely going to be interesting at QB for BYU. I'm fascinated to see how it plays out.

Is Heaps' mom a meddler, as SU seems to be pointing out? I'm not a TBS guy and I don't have any kind of an "inside scoop" on the Heaps family.
              The kid is 18 years old, there is no way he is at his peak physically. The qb position is more mental than any other position in any team sport. He has a lot to learn and next year will be a bit of a disaster, but after 5 straight double digit wins it is about time BYU had a bit of a down year or else the fanbase might become insufferable.

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

The kid is 18 years old, there is no way he is at his peak physically. The qb position is more mental than any other position in any team sport. He has a lot to learn and next year will be a bit of a disaster, but after 5 straight double digit wins it is about time BYU had a bit of a down year or else the fanbase might become insufferable.
                I like it.

Comment

I haven't seen much good come of player parents who join sports message boards associated with their son's college. As a rule, such parents seem to me to be cracked in some way. (People who frequent Internet boards are of suspect mental health in any event.)

She's been in the thick of things at TBS since Jake was in puberty. Needless to say BYU wasn't ever his choice. The day she finds out that Jake's life isn't all about Kelly will be a hard one for her. What little I know of her, she seems to me messed up. Talking about a "special bond" between her son and Bronco, and he's still in high school. Barf. Somebody get that woman a life.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

My friend, I see we measure down years differently. But that's okay.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Somebody get that woman a life.
                      Seems to me she has one! #9 baby, maybee now we can get that glorious number retired!

-DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

I haven't seen much good come of player parents who join sports message boards associated with their son's college. As a rule, such parents seem to me to be cracked in some way. (People who frequent Internet boards are of suspect mental health in any event.)
                        Where's Cougarmom??!! Somebody show her this post immediately!

She's been in the thick of things at TBS since Jake was in puberty. Needless to say BYU wasn't ever his choice. The day she finds out that Jake's life isn't all about Kelly will be a hard one for her. What little I know of her, she seems to me messed up. Talking about a "special bond" between her son and Bronco, and he's still in high school. Barf. Somebody get that woman a life.
                        Here's to hoping she doesn't find this out until AFTER her son leads us to BCS glory ...

Comment

I really see the wisdom in Bronco telling players and parents not to frequent sports boards. I think parents take to seriously what some dumbass writes about their kid.

Comment

Your knowledge of BYU sports is breathtaking. You even keep up on the personal lives of Cougar recruits and their families! I was completely unaware Jake Heaps even had a mother, and here you are, on a first-name basis with her and commenting on her mental state. Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
                              Your knowledge of BYU sports is breathtaking. You even keep up on the personal lives of Cougar recruits and their families! I was completely unaware Jake Heaps even had a mother, and here you are, on a first-name basis with her and commenting on her mental state. Impressive.
                              You haven't known about Kelly Heaps? Where have you been, Mars? Kelly Heaps is TBS's Babes.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X