PDA

View Full Version : Vegas Bowl...

il Padrino Ute
12-15-2008, 06:14 PM
Is it really this coming Saturday?

Why did I think it was on the 23d?

It tells us just how lousy the MWC bowl tie-ins are when the bowl game considered to be the one for the team that usually places 1st, is the first bowl game played.

TripletDaddy
12-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Is it really this coming Saturday?

Why did I think it was on the 23d?

It tells us just how lousy the MWC bowl tie-ins are when the bowl game considered to be the one for the team that usually places 1st, is the first bowl game played.

technically, it is the 3rd or so, as there are 2 other bowls played earlier in the day.

To add insult to injury, in a regular year, the MWC champ gets to play the 4th place Pac 10 team. This year, the Vegas Bowl pits the 3rd place MWC team with the 5th place Pac 10 team.

Remind me again, why am I going to this game?

il Padrino Ute
12-15-2008, 06:31 PM
technically, it is the 3rd or so, as there are 2 other bowls played earlier in the day.

To add insult to injury, in a regular year, the MWC champ gets to play the 4th place Pac 10 team. This year, the Vegas Bowl pits the 3rd place MWC team with the 5th place Pac 10 team.

Remind me again, why am I going to this game?

I didn't realize there were two other games earlier that day. Good for the MWC.

You're going to this game because The Quest came up 2 games short of perfection.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-15-2008, 07:07 PM
I didn't realize there were two other games earlier that day. Good for the MWC.

You're going to this game because The Quest came up 2 games short of perfection.

I think the Quest for eternal life is still alive and well though. <fingers crossed> We all know that was the real meaning not this silly football stuff.

il Padrino Ute
12-15-2008, 07:13 PM
I think the Quest for eternal life is still alive and well though. <fingers crossed> We all know that was the real meaning not this silly football stuff.

I see.

Well, that certainly makes a lot more sense.

All-American
12-15-2008, 09:28 PM

Wait a minute-- they were talking about FOOTBALL? Geez, I wish somebody would have told me.