Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is your enthusiasm dampened for future games this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your enthusiasm dampened for future games this season?

After this past weekend, what was the effect on your desire to attend future games?

Are people still planning on making the roadie to UNLV? Anyone coming down for the SDSU game (if you were planning on attending at all, anyway)? What about all our resident Ute fans? Does this take the edge off for you a bit?

I know many of you didn't make the trip to Dallas largely because you thought BYU was going to lose. Are you more likely to miss a game now, whereas previously, you would have been more inclined to figure out a way to attend as the wins kept piling up?

I suppose for the Utah locals, you can make it to every home game with relative ease, so hopefully it won't affect your attendance. But I wonder how many folks will choose to not go, but instead do something else on a Saturday?

This Saturday: SC hosts the mighty Cougars of Washington State. I will be there. I am not even sure SC will win the game....
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

I will be at every home game the rest of the season. I may miss watching the NM game on TV, but that would have happened regardless of Saturday's result.
    "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Absolutely it has dampened my enthusiasm. I only have a limited amount of attention I can pay to sports but it has decidedly shifted to the NFL.

As a point of reference, I was actually at the 1990 aTm (9-3-1) and 1993 UCLA (8-4) debacles so I've seen BYU get killed by teams that were only pretty good which what this year's Florida State team is. It leaves a mark that makes you think that BYU would probably only be a .500 team if it played in a good conference.

USC drops a game against a team like Washington every year. Washington has a great QB and is well-coached. USC was on the road coming off a big victory with its starting QB out of the game. They lost by a field goal. USC is one of the best five teams in the country and the loss to Washington shouldn't change that perception. With Texas and Florida being who they are this year, I don't think this was the year for USC anyway. They'll still go to the Rose Bowl, destroy whoever comes out of the Big 10 and leave lingering thoughts about whether USC is really the best team in the country as opposed to whoever won the BCS title game- this happens basically every year now. I think USC would have beaten up on 2007 LSU and 2008 Florida.
      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Nah

I enjoy the journey. Here's to 11-1.

Comment

BYU football's BYU football for me. I probably make more road trips now than I did during the Crowton era, but that has more to do with employment situation than BYU's performance. I'm still planning on going to the New Mexico game and will likely still give away my ticket to the Utah State game.

I like the conference race between BYU, Utah & TCU. Sure, I'd like to be in a BCS conference where the outcome has more riding on it, but I'll take what I can get in the meantime.

Comment

My support for the Cougars, demonstrated by my attempts to not jinx them by watching/attending a game, will continue unabated. I'm no fair weather friend.

Comment

I'll still be there for every home game. I'll be as loud against CSU as I was against FSU. You win some, you lose some. Time to move on and beat up on the Rams.
              "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
              —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                and will likely still give away my ticket to the Utah State game.....
                really.........

sigpic

Comment

Hell no! I just bought tickets to the freaking Wyoming game AT Wyoming! I'm hardcore baby!

(By the way, if I walk around War Memorial Stadium with my mouth wide open, knowing that people are going to throw barley drinks at me, am I still breaking the WoW?)

Comment

I am still in it. We're 2-1. We still beat a dang good OU team in which everyone expected us to get blown out. Now we're on the other end of that. I think we can win out still. 11-1 is a hell of a year. At any rate, I am pretty confident we have a better season than Utah.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      After this past weekend, what was the effect on your desire to attend future games?

Are people still planning on making the roadie to UNLV? Anyone coming down for the SDSU game (if you were planning on attending at all, anyway)? What about all our resident Ute fans? Does this take the edge off for you a bit?

I know many of you didn't make the trip to Dallas largely because you thought BYU was going to lose. Are you more likely to miss a game now, whereas previously, you would have been more inclined to figure out a way to attend as the wins kept piling up?

I suppose for the Utah locals, you can make it to every home game with relative ease, so hopefully it won't affect your attendance. But I wonder how many folks will choose to not go, but instead do something else on a Saturday?

This Saturday: SC hosts the mighty Cougars of Washington State. I will be there. I am not even sure SC will win the game....
                      Nope. I am going Saturday and it is going to be a blast!
                      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

95% of BYU fans would have said they would be happy being 2-1 after 3 games. We just went about it a bit unconventionally.

I am still excited for the rest of the season.
                        *Banned*

Comment

I'll also be at the Wazzu vs. SC game. The only solace I take from the loss is that the Raiders fans....oops, I mean new SC season ticket holders that surround my section will most likely no show for the game. I still have hopes of the Rose Bowl, but with two roadies to Bezerkly and Eugene, it's not looking good.

Comment

The answers in this thread are the correct answers. Thank you all for restoring my faith in humanity.

Sipi, we may have discussed this before, but where do you tailgate? We are always between Bovard Admin Building and Doheny Library, right by Tommy Trojan.

I am guessing WSU tickets will be easy to snap up this weekend.

sigpic

Comment

I am not as excited as I was before Saturday's game. However, I am more excited for the team and season than I was before the season started.

Comment

Working...
                              X