The "hey hey it's okay" thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "hey hey it's okay" thread.

I should make it clear that I wish BYU had have won. I was also pulling for the Utes, although there is something oddly comforting about your rival losing on the same weekend.

We all got our asses handed to us this weekend. But that's okay. Likely our BCS aspirations are done, but that's okay. We both were little more than festering piles of steaming dog crap today but that's okay. We both had serious flaws exposed, but that's okay.

You know why?

Because both of our programs are established and good. While we both should have won today, BYU and Utah football are not in the toilet because of one loss. BYU has had three ten win seasons in a row. Utah has had two BCS games in five years. And while it would be nice if Utah's offense didn't suck, or BYU's players didn't give away the ball like it was so much Halloween candy, you can't win them all. Very very few teams can go undefeated unless the schedule the Jordan Beetdiggers JV every week like Boise State. I'll start to hold a pity party when we go 7-5 or get blown out by Utah State.

In the meantime, may we both take our lumps and beat the piss put of Colorado State and Louisville respectively. If the OU fans taught me one thing, it's that everybody loses, but a loss or three is no reason to abandon a team.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.
Working...
X