I have no worries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have no worries

2004-05 and 2008-09 are going to keep my spirits up come what may for a long time. Besides, I honestly feel the Utes will lose tomorrow; this is a murderous venue against a tough, exerienced and talented team. No one has mentioned how the Ducks will be really pissed off after losing to Utah's bridesmaid Boise state. In a way this is atonement against the most admired mid-major of all. A Ute win will be a pleasant surprise, at least for me. We've reloaded and at this point I'm just enjoying the ride. Our team has a long ways to go. Utes should be feeling no pressure. It's all good.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    2004-05 and 2008-09 are going to keep my spirits up come what may for a long time. Besides, I honestly feel the Utes will lose tomorrow; this is a murderous venue against a tough, exerienced and talented team. No one has mentioned how the Ducks will be really pissed off after losing to Utah's bridesmaid Boise state. In a way this is atonement against the most admired mid-major of all. A Ute win will be a pleasant surprise, at least for me. We've reloaded and at this point I'm just enjoying the ride. Our team has a long ways to go. Utes should be feeling no pressure. It's all good.
    I was wondering when would start in with the self-deprecation schtick.

You have been quiet on your predictions. Last season you were 100%. How are you doing so far? I know you picked a Ute win over the Aggies. I was out of town this past weekend, but assume you picked Utah over SJSU. Are you on record for a Ute loss tomorrow? I want to see how long your streak lasts. As of right now, you are CUF's leading prognosticator.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      I was wondering when would start in with the self-deprecation schtick.

You have been quiet on your predictions. Last season you were 100%. How are you doing so far? I know you picked a Ute win over the Aggies. I was out of town this past weekend, but assume you picked Utah over SJSU. Are you on record for a Ute loss tomorrow? I want to see how long your streak lasts. As of right now, you are CUF's leading prognosticator.
      Officially, I predicted a Utah win (in OT). I don't believe it. I'll be following the game on my blackberry from the Husky game.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Officially, I predicted a Utah win (in OT). I don't believe it. I'll be following the game on my blackberry from the Husky game.
        ha. You are in for a long day tomorrow, amigo. It is a good thing you are not averse to drowning your sorrows in a nice libation.

Does Kal play at UW this season? You are getting to see some pretty nice teams this year. Much better than the standard MWC riff raff that the Y and the U have to play every year.

So a Ute victory (your prediction streak is on the line)....what about at Dawg Pound? Is PC going to huck with the Phuskies?

sigpic

Comment

ha. You are in for a long day tomorrow, amigo. It is a good thing you are not averse to drowning your sorrows in a nice libation.

Does Kal play at UW this season? You are getting to see some pretty nice teams this year. Much better than the standard MWC riff raff that the Y and the U have to play every year.

So a Ute victory (your prediction streak is on the line)....what about at Dawg Pound? Is PC going to huck with the Phuskies?
          I think the Huskies will get a moral victory. They'll make a game of it for 2.5 quarters and lose by 14 points-plus. Is Barkley playing?

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I think the Huskies will get a moral victory. They'll make a game of it for 2.5 quarters and lose by 14 points-plus. Is Barkley playing?
            Barkley is not playing. Corp will start. Mustain will be backup. Barkley is still too sore to throw.

Also, Taylor Mays is a gametime decision. Last year it obviously didnt matter as SC beat UW something like 52-0 and Locker wasn't considered a deep threat back. But this season, I understand that Locker has become a better passer downfield, so without Mays back there, it makes Locker that much more versatile. I expect Pinkard to see a lot of balls thrown his way.

Look for big games from Chris Galippo and Everson Griffen.

And Corp will be doing a lot of running....much more mobile than Barkley.

I honestly hope Sark does well. If he somehow manages to beat SC tomorrow, I honestly don't think it will matter one bit what he does the rest of the season. If he keeps it respectable, the fan base has something to build on. If it is a blowout, fans will say that it is SC and that Sark just got here. Since there really is no pressure on Sark, he should come out pretty loose. I bet he has his guys fired up and ready to have fun tomorrow, win or lose. I wish I could be at that game!

sigpic

Comment

Barkley is not playing. Corp will start. Mustain will be backup. Barkley is still too sore to throw.

Also, Taylor Mays is a gametime decision. Last year it obviously didnt matter as SC beat UW something like 52-0 and Locker wasn't considered a deep threat back. But this season, I understand that Locker has become a better passer downfield, so without Mays back there, it makes Locker that much more versatile. I expect Pinkard to see a lot of balls thrown his way.

I honestly hope Sark does well. If he somehow manages to beat SC tomorrow, I honestly don't think it will matter one bit what he does the rest of the season. If he keeps it respectable, the fan base has something to build on. If it is a blowout, fans will say that it is SC and that Sark just got here. Since there really is no pressure on Sark, he should come out pretty loose. I bet he has his guys fired up and ready to have fun tomorrow, win or lose. I wish I could be at that game!
              I'm sure you will be in my thoughts at least for a few seconds. Thanks for the analysis!

I hope it's one of those rainy windy days in which SC tends to do so poorly here. Right now, it looks like it won't be that way, but someone told me rain was expected.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

BTW, they got a real moral victory agaisnt LSU. That should give them confidence. But for a couple of very costly turnovers and a failure to score from the 1 they might have won.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

BTW, they got a real moral victory agaisnt LSU. That should give them confidence. But for a couple of very costly turnovers and a failure to score from the 1 they might have won.
                  I know. I'm not discounting that loss, believe me. I have been chided by some of my CUF brethren for calling this game a potential trap for SC (you already cited the weather and the general Pacific Northwest malaise SC seems to experience, last year's game notwithstanding), but the Husky game against LSU showed some progress and confidence that had not been there for awhile.

I really think that the loss to BYU last season mentally destroyed an already-fragile Husky squad. They never recovered from that slight and spiraled from there. It wasn't "BYU" per se, as much as the frustration of losing on such a bizarre penalty.

This season, Sark's arrival will hopefully be a baptism of sorts. Not of water or of fire, but of pigskin. These players believe. I still predict that UW wins 6 games this season. Maybe 5. But that is a huge improvement from last year.

ps when I was flying back from Dallas, I stopped over in SFO. There were several LSU fans and we all chatted for over an hour between our flights. The LSU fans all agreed that UW played very tough and could have easily won that game. In fact, the LSU fans spent more time worrying about their team than enjoying the win. It was as if they realized full well that they were lucky to leave Seattle with a win. And we are talking SEC LSU fans here.....not exactly known for giving the Pac 10 much credit.

sigpic

Comment

Why would you be worried? Your team is not expected to win at all, if they make a game of it at all, that will be considered a moral victory. The Huskies are in year 1 of a long rebuilding process.
                    *Banned*

Comment

I have to say that SU hit this on the head. As I watched the debacle that was the 2nd quarter of the Utah/UO game, I felt disappointment, but not the depths of despair that has invaded me in past high profile losses. The journey of watching a team struggle and hopefully overcome their deficiencies and weaknesses will be as fulfilling as watching last season. I left the game yesterday hoping the same for the BYU fans that were filing out of LES as well.
                      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                        I have to say that SU hit this on the head. As I watched the debacle that was the 2nd quarter of the Utah/UO game, I felt disappointment, but not the depths of despair that has invaded me in past high profile losses. The journey of watching a team struggle and hopefully overcome their deficiencies and weaknesses will be as fulfilling as watching last season. I left the game yesterday hoping the same for the BYU fans that were filing out of LES as well.
                        Honestly, it could have been much worse, and I feared it would be. I didn't know what would happen. They were on the road against a team anticipated to be top 10 this year. A blow out seemed possible, and looked to be developing for a while.

Looking at the bright side (as is my wont), I'm pleased they didn't lose by something like 26 points. They were in it at the end, and the stats were even. I think the Utes could wind up really good this year. We'll see.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

SeattleUte, your prediction streak is over. What are you going to do now?

sigpic

Comment

SeattleUte, your prediction streak is over. What are you going to do now?
                            Your mid-major inferiority complex makes you too fixated on the necessity of an undefeated season. I got Utah-Oregon right, unofficially; I got BYU-FSU right. My explanations on both counts were prophetic. I missed on UW-USC, but came close, anticipating a moral victory. The season is going fine. Actually, I'm off to a decent start considering I really need to start to feel the season's rythms before getting it totally right. I'm usually a slow starter.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Your mid-major inferiority complex makes you too fixated on the necessity of an undefeated season. I got Utah-Oregon right, unofficially; I got BYU-FSU right. My explanations on both counts were prophetic. I missed on UW-USC, but came close, anticipating a moral victory. The season is going fine. Actually, I'm off to a decent start considering I really need to start to feel the season's rythms before getting it totally right. I'm usually a slow starter.
                              No, your streak is over. Last season, you predicted every game accurately. Every single game. There was no "slow start" exception.

This past week you were 1-2. You have lost some of your luster.

Truly, this past weekend was shocking in many respects.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X