Awesome BYU-Florida State Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome BYU-Florida State Preview

I hope this guy gets paid for this blog. Well worth the read. Pretty unbiased. He puts some serious work into it:

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2009/9...minoles-at-byu
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

and really poured it on when an undermanned Tulane team quit in the 4th quarter. I guess when you're in the MWC, you have to run the score up to get respect.
    Just a little misleading to say the least. He did a good job, but should probably watch the games he writes about.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Just a little misleading to say the least. He did a good job, but should probably watch the games he writes about.
      Funny you pointed that out as that was the one exception I took to his article. How many balls were thrown for TD's? Only two passes in the 4th. Who was playing in the 4th? I actually thought to comment on his blog about that. Maybe I will.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

What the hell is a 28 inch split? Apparently our o-line has them, while FSU's only has 18 inch splits, and was only using 12 in splits last year! I mean, can you believe a D-1 team would use 12 inch splits?!
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
          What the hell is a 28 inch split? Apparently our o-line has them, while FSU's only has 18 inch splits, and was only using 12 in splits last year! I mean, can you believe a D-1 team would use 12 inch splits?!
          Splits refer to how close the linemen stand to one another. You stand closer if your linemen are weaker. It makes for smaller spaces for linebackers to shoot the gaps, but makes the wall easier to go around.

Comment

It seems he and our coaches disagree a bit on our linemen's lateral quickness, if the coaches are comfortable with the wide splits.

I hope he's the one who's wrong.
            If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

This guy is kind of clueless. FSU's "lockdown corners" aren't stopping Mckay, sorry. Also, Kozlowski is decidedly NOT getting in there. There are a million little errors in there.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                This guy is kind of clueless. FSU's "lockdown corners" aren't stopping Mckay, sorry. Also, Kozlowski is decidedly NOT getting in there. There are a million little errors in there.
                I thought the Kozlowski thing was funny. Not only did he not know he wasn't on the team (that's forgivable), but he also didn't know that his name ain't Stephen.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                  Splits refer to how close the linemen stand to one another. You stand closer if your linemen are weaker. It makes for smaller spaces for linebackers to shoot the gaps, but makes the wall easier to go around.
                  Thanks.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    I thought the Kozlowski thing was funny. Not only did he not know he wasn't on the team (that's forgivable), but he also didn't know that his name ain't Stephen.
                    Seriously, what an idiot. Everybody knows his name is Glen.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Remember how BYU isn't very good throwing in long situations? Most teams aren't. Hall doesn't have the arm to drive the ball downfield into tight windows. His ball flutters and often hangs. If FSU can stop BYU's run, or if BYU just falls in love with the pass, FSU will have a chance to break out their prowler formation.
                      I really liked this one. By long, are we talking 4th & 32? In that case, he's probably right, but he's missing a lot of BYU's strengths by focusing so much on stats.

Comment

I should also add that reading the blog post got me really excited for the game tomorrow. I can't wait to see the prowler formation to see if Hall can't pick it apart. With my blue goggles, I'm supposing our backs pick up a blitz nicely and we get big plays off it, but another 30 hours or so will tell...

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                          Seriously, what an idiot. Everybody knows his name is Glen.
                          Or even "the Polish Kid."

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

and really poured it on when an undermanned Tulane team quit in the 4th quarter. I guess when you're in the MWC, you have to run the score up to get respect.
                            The correct thing to do when a team gives up is to take a knee, punt, then if the defense gets the ball, kindly give it back to the other team.

From the way some people talk, you'd think that's what BYU was supposed to do.
                            Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by thesaint258 View Post
                              The correct thing to do when a team gives up is to take a knee, punt, then if the defense gets the ball, kindly give it back to the other team.

From the way some people talk, you'd think that's what BYU was supposed to do.
                              Utah would have fake punted and then kicked an onside kick. I thought we took it kind of easy on them.
                              "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                              —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Working...
                              X