Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball St's coach is SDSU's new coach

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3768737

Probably a good get for the Aztecs, but how'd they trick him into thinking it was a good career move? Ball St. must not have much of their team back next year, and SDSU must have given him a big pay raise.

Originally posted by scottie View Post

Probably a good get for the Aztecs, but how'd they trick him into thinking it was a good career move? Ball St. must not have much of their team back next year, and SDSU must have given him a big pay raise.
    This is a major story. SDSU has a good football tradition. There's no reason this guy can't make them a leader in the conference. This is the kind of hire I like, proven head coaching experience and success. Why didn't Washington grab this guy? Because they're idiots who care more about press clippings than winning, as we've seen for about ten years now.
    Last edited by SeattleUte; 12-14-2008, 10:09 PM.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post

I think about anything's a step up from Ball St. Ball St does not support their football program well. I read a while back that until last year, the woman's BBall coach was making more than him.
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

David Letterman is going to be pissed.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
          I think about anything's a step up from Ball St. Ball St does not support their football program well. I read a while back that until last year, the woman's BBall coach was making more than him.
          I doubt SDSU has a quality school TV broadcast. I have a feeling this hire will start off good but end up being shot down and end up horribly.
          [YOUTUBE]W45DRy7M1no[/YOUTUBE]
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
            Until last year he was the lowest paid coach in the whole school.
            *Banned*

Comment

I am surprised that Hoke went with SDSU. He was a hot enough name not to have to take a bottom of the barrell job like the Azzzzzztecs.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                SDSU has a good football tradition.
                Am I missing some sarcasm here?

Comment

SDSU is a sleeping giant in the MWC. Plus who wouldn't want to live in San Diego?
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I remember years ago when SDSU was actually respectable and SC sucked big time. SI did some article on the two programs being on very different trajectories. They really got it wrong.
                    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                      SDSU is a sleeping giant in the MWC. Plus who wouldn't want to live in San Diego?
                      I agree. If they could get someone to recruit a fourth of the talent around that school they'd be a major player in the MWC. I don't understand how they haven't been able to. Beautiful area. Beautiful girls. Beautiful weather.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

If there are any Aztec fans out there, they better enjoy their team while they still have it. D1 football @ the Cal State schools are an endangered species. It wouldn't shock me if SDSU lost their program in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          No. SDSU had several perfect or near perfect seasons and a renown pro set passing style in the years immediately before joining the WAC. They even won the Wac a couple of times from Lavelle Edwards. Watch, a few years from now someone on some board somewhere will ask if someone else is "kidding" that Boise has a good football tradition.
                          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I always found it interesting that the best player ever at SDSU came out of New Orleans. I wondered how LSU let him go and why he picked SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                              No. SDSU had several perfect or near perfect seasons and a renown pro set passing style in the years immediately before joining the WAC. They even won the Wac a couple of times from Lavelle Edwards. Watch, a few years from now someone on some board somewhere will ask if someone else is "kidding" that Boise has a good football tradition.
                              I think you mistakenly quoted me. I remember Air Coryell. I think SDSU has a fine football tradition at least as far as the MWC goes (which is somewhat lacking). I think with the right coach and the right AD SDSU could become a very good team again.
                              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                              X