Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utes ink 4-star QB today

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewpros...=74507&Sport=1

Sorry the headline is wrong. It's a solid verbal.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post

I am not big on recruiting J.C. guys. I am definitely not big on recruiting J.C. quarterbacks. Ratliff turned out to be o.k. for the Utes. Maybe this guy is next years starting q.b. From the numbers rivals is reporting he appears to be a pretty good athlete.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

He was recruited by some serious powerhouses. That was a real steal for the Utes.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        I am not big on recruiting J.C. guys. I am definitely not big on recruiting J.C. quarterbacks. Ratliff turned out to be o.k. for the Utes. Maybe this guy is next years starting q.b. From the numbers rivals is reporting he appears to be a pretty good athlete.
        Wasn't Sark a Juco? El Camino?
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          Wasn't Sark a Juco? El Camino?
          Yes he was but J.C. qb's that make an impact are few and far between. Sark was one. Josh Huepel for Oklahoma was another. I really can't think of many more that I would put on this list. Maybe Colt Brennan but he was originally a Colorado recruit. Can you think of any others?
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Sarkisian was JC.

I think Utah had to go JC this year. This guy is the highest rated JC QB in the country if you look at the Rivals list. Scanning that list it's interesting how many of the top 100 JC's are going to BCS schools. Of course the no. 1 rated JC player in the country is a major exception. (No. 2 is going to USC.)

Ratliff was not really a very good quarterback. Moreover, he wasn't on any lists and was hardly recruited.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              He was recruited by some serious powerhouses. That was a real steal for the Utes.
              Why you cynical ... I oughta ....

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

By the way scout.com has this guy as a 2 star with no offers from anyone.

http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87...=1&nid=3750785
                "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Sarkisian was JC.

I think Utah had to go JC this year. This guy is the highest rated JC QB in the country if you look at the Rivals list. Scanning that list it's interesting how many of the top 100 JC's are going to BCS schools. Of course the no. 1 rated JC player in the country is a major exception. (No. 2 is going to USC.)

Ratliff was not really a very good quarterback. Moreover, he wasn't on any lists and was hardly recruited.
                  I am personally not a big fan of JC guys. I don't follow JC impact on team as closely with other programs like I do Utah and BYU. I would say only about 1 out 4 JC kids these 2 schools recruit really make an impact on their respective team.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

It is nice that he is a December graduate, getting spring ball in will help a ton. I am not always as impressed with star ratings as others, Jeremiah Masoli was a 1 star kid and he will likely be in the top 3 QBs in the P10 next year.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Yes he was but J.C. qb's that make an impact are few and far between. Sark was one. Josh Huepel for Oklahoma was another. I really can't think of many more that I would put on this list. Maybe Colt Brennan but he was originally a Colorado recruit. Can you think of any others?
                      Sark was JC only because he decided not to play baseball at USC. That's where he originally went. Had to go the JC route to get back in the sport.
                      A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                        Sark was JC only because he decided not to play baseball at USC. That's where he originally went. Had to go the JC route to get back in the sport.
                        Does anyone know what Cain's personal history is?

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

By the way scout.com has this guy as a 2 star with no offers from anyone.

http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87...=1&nid=3750785
                          I would give more credence to a higher rating. There are so many players it's easy to see how a rating service could lose track of players. But if a service is a ware of a player and gives him a rating that means at laest they know SOMETHING. The Scout rating looks to me like a default.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I would give more credence to a higher rating. There are so many players it's easy to see how a rating service could lose track of players. But if a service is a ware of a player and gives him a rating that means at laest they know SOMETHING. The Scout rating looks to me like a default.
                            I can agree with this but I also look at who else has offered this guy. Both scout and rivals don't have him getting an offer from anyone besides Utah.

I am just not big on J.C. guys so it is hard for me to get excited about J.C. recruits. I have seen way to many that had a ton of hype just flame out. To me going the J.C. route shows you are desperate at that position which is why BYU will be signing some J.C. corners and linebackers and I won't be big on those guys and won't buy into the hype that some will give them until they prove something at the D1 level because like I said more J.C. guys flame out than those that make an impact on their respective team.
                            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I can agree with this but I also look at who else has offered this guy. Both scout and rivals don't have him getting an offer from anyone besides Utah.

I am just not big on J.C. guys so it is hard for me to get excited about J.C. recruits. I have seen way to many that had a ton of hype just flame out. To me going the J.C. route shows you are desperate at that position which is why BYU will be signing some J.C. corners and linebackers and I won't be big on those guys and won't buy into the hype that some will give them until they prove something at the D1 level because like I said more J.C. guys flame out than those that make an impact on their respective team.
                              Some go JC because they don't qualify academically.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X