Steve Sarkisian is cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Sarkisian is cool

I enjoyed reading this article about Sark in today's LA Times.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/colleg...6.story?page=1

I have always liked Steve Sarkisian.....as the QB for BYU, as an assistant at SC....and now as the head coach at Washington. I am really excited to see what he can do and wish him the best this season (except for this weekend).

In reading the LA Times article, you can see how he is bringing much of Pete's philosophy with him to the Huskies (open practices, loud music, winning attitude, having fun, etc) and the players seem to be buying what he's selling. It is actually a nice situation because even at 1 win, Sarkisian has already improved the team from last year. If they manage to win 4-5 games, it will be amazing. If they finish at 6 wins and go to a Bowl, Sarkisian will be a local hero...and rightfully so.

While I don't approve of his drinking iced coffee in the mornings, Sark has always been one of the good guys. Players love the guy and he always has a positive attitude. I don't really care one way or the other how Kiffin does at Tennessee. And frankly, I don't care how No-Cho does with the Bruins. But I actually want Sarkisian to do well. I am going to jump on his bandwagon right now and predict a nice 6 win season (including a loss to SC) for the Huskies. I hope I'm right.

Bow down to Washington!
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Washington is the perfect head coaching position for a guy getting his first job as a head coach. He'll have lowered expectations and he'll have time to build the program but Washington is also a traditional powerhouse and its still a prestigious job. Sark will eventually lead Washington to its traditional spot as the 2nd-3rd ranked Pac-10 program.

BTW, as Pete Carroll gets on in years (he's 58) and/or he entertains and possibly takes a job in the NFL (I wouldn't and he seems happy, so this may be a remote possibility), Sark will be the heir apparent after he turns around Washington. Sark is still only 35 years old. He could coach at Washington for the next ten years or so until Carroll retires and USC would still have a 45 year old coach.
    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

all dawgs bark for Sark.
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
        Washington is the perfect head coaching position for a guy getting his first job as a head coach. He'll have lowered expectations and he'll have time to build the program but Washington is also a traditional powerhouse and its still a prestigious job. Sark will eventually lead Washington to its traditional spot as the 2nd-3rd ranked Pac-10 program.

BTW, as Pete Carroll gets on in years (he's 58) and/or he entertains and possibly takes a job in the NFL (I wouldn't and he seems happy, so this may be a remote possibility), Sark will be the heir apparent after he turns around Washington. Sark is still only 35 years old. He could coach at Washington for the next ten years or so until Carroll retires and USC would still have a 45 year old coach.
        Listen, Washington fans don't have low expecations. Also, for decades Washington was the no. 1 not the no. 2 or 3 Pac 10 program.

It also is no. 6 in the nation in research.
        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          LOL, well done.

Comment

Listen, Washington fans don't have low expecations. Also, for decades Washington was the no. 1 not the no. 2 or 3 Pac 10 program.

for decades? maybe a single decade and that would be a stretch but Washington has very good tradition and Sark should get them back there.
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Yeah. During the years USC and UCLA were down...

Comment

Why did they change their fight song from "Bow Down to Washington" to "How about at least a hod nod to Washington?"
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                  Yeah. During the years USC and UCLA were down...
                  fucla has ever not been down?

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I must admit I like Sark a lot also. I was however tempted to call into the radio show on KJR and ask him only questions about September 14, 1996.

I can also admit it would be a lot better for the P10 if Washington was at least a bowl team. Nobody outside of the P10 cares about places like Eugene or Corvallis, or honestly even Berkley. Washington needs to be a 7-9 win team every year to help the P10. Right now a win over the Huskies means nothing. That is about the worst statement I think you could ever make about a program.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                    X