Christianson Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christianson Family

I noticed a post by Senioritis that made a brief comment about the speed, or lack thereof, of former Ute Kimball Christianson. Some families seem to be athletic, some are very intelligent, but few are both. I personally have never known a family that is such a genetic, and in the LDS community social anomaly as the Christiansons.

Some on here may know more details than I do. Here is what I know

McCaye- I know the least about her, not sure if she was a HS or college athlete, also not sure where she did her undegrad or attended law school. I have read her name many times in the papers as a defense attorney in SLC

Thor- Played football at Northwestern, went to Oxford, last I heard was quite successful in the Boston area.

Frank- Started strong safety 2 years for BYU, Phd from Brown, currently teaching English at BYU.

Howard & Kimball- Both started their senior year at Utah, and I think saw significant playing time as underclassmen. Went to Vanderbilt Med School and are currently finishing up a radiology residency at Duke (one of the most competitive residencies in the country).

I would be willing to bet that 90% of the people who meet them will never know the boys played college sports, because they will never even hint about it. Their father was a BYU professor who passed away at a young age, I don't recall if their mother was also an educator or not. To my knowledge all are active members of the LDS church and middle to left leaning liberals.

I'm not related to the family in any way, but got to know them a little bit 15 years ago and was extremely impressed by how down to earth and nice all of them are. Definitely a family both schools can be proud of.

Howard and Kimball were in my student ward when I was in med school at the U. Two of the nicest guys I've known.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

I took a class from Frank about 6-7 years ago. Not one of my favorite teachers.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Frank is cool. He lives in our part of town.

No, I didn't know he played football.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
          I took a class from Frank about 6-7 years ago. Not one of my favorite teachers.
          I'm going Hallelujah here and quoting my own post. Frank was nice. Just didn't care for his class. The guy lectured and lectured and lectured. And I understood about half of it. He's very bright and grades tough. He never talked about playing ball either, though I knew he had. He's a pretty big guy.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            I noticed a post by Senioritis that made a brief comment about the speed, or lack thereof, of former Ute Kimball Christianson. Some families seem to be athletic, some are very intelligent, but few are both. I personally have never known a family that is such a genetic, and in the LDS community social anomaly as the Christiansons.

McCaye- I know the least about her, not sure if she was a HS or college athlete, also not sure where she did her undegrad or attended law school. I have read her name many times in the papers as a defense attorney in SLC

Thor- Played football at Northwestern, went to Oxford, last I heard was quite successful in the Boston area.

Frank- Started strong safety 2 years for BYU, Phd from Brown, currently teaching English at BYU.

Howard & Kimball- Both started their senior year at Utah, and I think saw significant playing time as underclassmen. Went to Vanderbilt Med School and are currently finishing up a radiology residency at Duke (one of the most competitive residencies in the country).

I would be willing to bet that 90% of the people who meet them will never know the boys played college sports, because they will never even hint about it. Their father was a BYU professor who passed away at a young age, I don't recall if their mother was also an educator or not. To my knowledge all are active members of the LDS church and middle to left leaning liberals.

I'm not related to the family in any way, but got to know them a little bit 15 years ago and was extremely impressed by how down to earth and nice all of them are. Definitely a family both schools can be proud of.
            I just want to say that I don't know this family at all and I'm floored by the fact that someone named their kid Thor.
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

Howard and Kimball were genuinely outstanding guys in high school and it is not often that you would say that about top level athletes, especially future Utes (just kidding). I played basketball with them for years and they were kind, thoughtful and truly good guys. They were left leaning even then, which was apparent in our history courses that was taught by a borderline white supremacist. That was a fun class.

Frank messed up my plan of asking my seminary teacher to the prom by asking her to marry him. I was crushed as I would have won so many kick ass points that I would have been able to retire the jackass part of my personality but alas it is still around.

Comment

Working...
              X