Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My trip to Tuscaloosa

Alabama football photo album

It was a great time. The opponent left a lot to be desired, and the play was uneven through the first half, but the pregame atmosphere blows away anything I've ever experienced. And the coeds are mighty fine.

The museum was really cool, and the stadium was great. 92k for a football game is pretty impressive.
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Cool pics. Looks like you had a good time. There were no riots in the streets of Tuscaloosa, right?

Comment

That is a cool stadium. I served in Bama. I actually was down there after a hurricane did major damage in that area. All missionaries were called to come down and help with the clean up.. We met at the Stadium...

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
        Alabama football photo album

It was a great time. The opponent left a lot to be desired, and the play was uneven through the first half, but the pregame atmosphere blows away anything I've ever experienced. And the coeds are mighty fine.

The museum was really cool, and the stadium was great. 92k for a football game is pretty impressive.
        B.O., that is awesome. Very cool pics. What were you doing down in SEC country? That looks like a great stadium.

I had a good chuckle at one of your captions....the Walk of Champions is "Alabama's version" of the Ute Walk. I can't tell you how many schools have ripped off that idea from the U!
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          B.O., that is awesome. Very cool pics. What were you doing down in SEC country? That looks like a great stadium.

I had a good chuckle at one of your captions....the Walk of Champions is "Alabama's version" of the Ute Walk. I can't tell you how many schools have ripped off that idea from the U!
          Also, wearing red. Seriously. I hope Utah gets royalty dollars from every team who plagiarizes their color scheme.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

I've got a friend that lives in Mississippi. I got to spend some time with him and his family.

Hey, it's all about knowing your audience!

I'm sure you noticed Alabama copied Utah and made their end zones red with white type, too?
            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I got a chuckle out of that too..

Comment

I've got a friend that lives in Mississippi. I got to spend some time with him and his family.

Hey, it's all about knowing your audience!

I'm sure you noticed Alabama copied Utah and made their end zones red with white type, too?
                Did you see people wearing those Bear Bryant houndstooth hats? Those are pretty cool.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Did you see people wearing those Bear Bryant houndstooth hats? Those are pretty cool.
                  Yep, they're nice.

Comment

Was that your first time in the deep south (not sure if New Orleans qualifies)?

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                      Was that your first time in the deep south (not sure if New Orleans qualifies)?
                      Yeah, it was. The humidity and all the trees was unique to my experience.

I was a little disappointed when we got Mexican food for lunch one of the days, but we had barbecue the rest of the trip, and that made me happy.

Comment

Did you make a visit to Dreamland? It has good ribs, but they are not nearly the best in the area. make sure you try Mike and Ed's if you ever go again.

Tuscaloosa is a great place to visit for a game and they have made outstanding upgrades to the stadium and the area around the stadium. A gameday mecca.

Comment

Yep, they're nice.

for some reason the state of Alabama has a fetish for twin blond girls that wear hounds tooth hats to games.

When I was there they had the "dubba dubba twins" who were much, much better looking than those twins. They advertised for a local TV station and they were always shown at every game. One of them was in some of my classes, surprisingly she was really nice.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
                            for some reason the state of Alabama has a fetish for twin blond girls that wear hounds tooth hats to games.

When I was there they had the "dubba dubba twins" who were much, much better looking than those twins. They advertised for a local TV station and they were always shown at every game. One of them was in some of my classes, surprisingly she was really nice.
                            I wasn't able to make it to Dreamland. We went to a little pub next to the bookstore. Wasn't too bad.

Yeah, when I googled these pics, I saw one with their glassess off. Yikes.

Comment

I wasn't able to make it to Dreamland. We went to a little pub next to the bookstore. Wasn't too bad.

Yeah, when I googled these pics, I saw one with their glassess off. Yikes.
                              I went out to visit for the Mississippi State game last year and saw the twins up close. A little frightening.

Comment

Working...
                              X