Versus is unavailable on DirecTV?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Versus is unavailable on DirecTV?

Sorry if this is old news but in looking for games this morning I see that Directv is in a negotiations stalemate with Versus(Comcast I guess?) and is not carrying the channel at this point in time. So what happens next week vs FSU?

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
    Sorry if this is old news but in looking for games this morning I see that Directv is in a negotiations stalemate with Versus(Comcast I guess?) and is not carrying the channel at this point in time. So what happens next week vs FSU?
    Screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
      Screwed.
      How long has this been going on? I could swear I was watching VS last week.

Comment

How long has this been going on? I could swear I was watching VS last week.
        The negotiations have been going on for a while, and DTV dropped Versus on September 1 IIRC. It's the same thing as what happened with the mtn. Comcast wants more money, the satellite providers think it's too much, and neither party wants to budge.
        Not that, sickos.

Comment

We have 3 DTV accounts, personal, Washington and resort. I called to "complain" about it this week for each account. I was told it could be as soon as this week, but I am not hopeful.

I called 3 sports bars in Eugene last night and they all use Directv, so I might be really screwed.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            We have 3 DTV accounts, personal, Washington and resort. I called to "complain" about it this week for each account. I was told it could be as soon as this week, but I am not hopeful.

I called 3 sports bars in Eugene last night and they all use Directv, so I might be really screwed.
            I have VS. Up for a Vegas trip?
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Do I just need a friend with Dish Network? I think I've got one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                I have VS. Up for a Vegas trip?
                Always! It might end up being a move instead of a visit though. ldc would probably just want me to stay. Maybe split time between you and Donut's place.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Do I just need a friend with Dish Network? I think I've got one of those.
                  It is only available on the top package.

If he just has the basic stuff, he won't get it. He needs the "Gold" package.

Comment

Originally posted by beefytee View Post
                    It is only available on the top package.

If he just has the basic stuff, he won't get it. He needs the "Gold" package.
                    Vs. is available to ALL Dish Customers. They are offering a free preview of the channel until 11/30.

Comment

Something else I discovered today was that when you have the expensive Directv package you get a ridiculous over-coverage of certain games. Today's best example so far is Iowa vs Iowa St. on 19, yes NINETEEN different channels.

Comment

Something else I discovered today was that when you have the expensive Directv package you get a ridiculous over-coverage of certain games. Today's best example so far is Iowa vs Iowa St. on 19, yes NINETEEN different channels.
                        Why are you complaining? That game probably deserves State of the Union-type coverage.

I watched a bit of that game (on my one station) and I thought it was a Steelers v. USC game.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by SloanHater View Post
                          Vs. is available to ALL Dish Customers. They are offering a free preview of the channel until 11/30.
                          I was wondering if they would do something like that with the DirecTV issue.

Comment

Working...
                          X