PDA

View Full Version : Collie trying to find out his draft status?

SipiTau
12-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Good for him, at least he'll know where he stands. Let the hand wringing in Provo begin!

jay santos
12-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Good for him, at least he'll know where he stands. Let the hand wringing in Provo begin!

I don't have data to support this, just a hunch. But I'd bet in nearly all cases it's better financially to jump to the pro's (football and basketball specifically) the first year you have a chance.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-12-2008, 12:07 PM

I have maintained all fall that he would be gone, I am shocked we haven't heard any speculation from Unga yet. I see no reason for him to come back.

Is Havili going to leave?

SipiTau
12-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I have maintained all fall that he would be gone, I am shocked we haven't heard any speculation from Unga yet. I see no reason for him to come back.

If Collie is projected as a high draft pick, I believe he's gone.

I don't think Stanley is going anywhere; I see him staying all four years.

What's this I hear about Blount possibly leaving?

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 12:23 PM

Why would Havili leave? No way.

cougjunkie
12-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Why would Havili leave? No way.

I agree Havili stays, mainly because fullbacks dont get drafted high no matter how good you are.

RockyBalboa
12-12-2008, 01:39 PM

Unga still has a lot to prove. Collie not so much.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-12-2008, 01:41 PM
If Collie is projected as a high draft pick, I believe he's gone.

I don't think Stanley is going anywhere; I see him staying all four years.

What's this I hear about Blount possibly leaving?

From what I have heard the reason Blount may leave is due to the fact he has yet to attend a class. I am hoping that is faulty information. If we could keep Bongterio eligible for two years we should be able to do the same for Blount.

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Unga strikes me as one of those guys who could do better in the pros than in college.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Unga still has a lot to prove. Collie not so much.

I have seen this argument before and I guess I just don't know what Unga has to prove in college still. Is another 1000 yards season going to make his value sky rocket? The only thing that *may* make it go higher than it is now is if he were to have 150+ games against Oklahoma, Florida State and Arizona State.

What am I missing? He is what he is a power runner that will probably have a nice NFL career.

Brian
12-12-2008, 07:37 PM
Get thee hence, Satan.

cougjunkie
12-12-2008, 07:44 PM
Collie 1st team CBS sportsline all-american.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11167903

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Collie 1st team CBS sportsline all-american.

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11167903

Does Tarrance Cody really weigh 380 pounds? That's absurd.

Hot Lunch
12-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Does Tarrance Cody really weigh 380 pounds? That's absurd.

Depends on what site you look at but I don't think I have seen him listed at less than 360. He is a big boy.

Solon
12-13-2008, 04:43 AM

As a fan of Collie's game, and the University of Utah, I hope he gets drafted high. (not, "high" as in under the influence of Trevor Molini, but as in a high draft pick)

RockyBalboa
12-13-2008, 11:01 AM
I have seen this argument before and I guess I just don't know what Unga has to prove in college still. Is another 1000 yards season going to make his value sky rocket? The only thing that *may* make it go higher than it is now is if he were to have 150+ games against Oklahoma, Florida State and Arizona State.

What am I missing? He is what he is a power runner that will probably have a nice NFL career.

#1 he put on too much weight this year and lost some of his speed. Even he and his family admit that.

#2 He's gotta get back to his Freshman year to prove that year wasn't a fluke...and again he knows that and would tell you that.

#3. He won't play Running back at the next level,,,he's being projected as more of a blocking H/back type....hybrird TE/RB type.....and that's what scouts are looking at him as.

Anyone paying close attention at all this year could tell that Harvey wasn't himself until the Utah game.

The one factor that might prevent him is his academics....he's struggled from day one and has barely made it the past 2 seasons.

Unga needs to get back down his best playing weight and stay there and show scouts the Freshman Unga and not the Sophomore Unga. Most of this comes from Unga himself.

SeattleUte
12-13-2008, 03:58 PM
Here's why Collie won't go pro now--the same self-absorbed people who caused him to go on a mission are probably advising him now. I wonder when Austin Collie will start living his own life.

ERCougar
12-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Here's why Collie won't go pro now--the same self-absorbed people who caused him to go on a mission are probably advising him now. I wonder when Austin Collie will start living his own life.

:confused:

I'm guessing this is a jab at the church/BYU/his family(?) but I still don't have any clue what you mean by this.

SCcoug
12-13-2008, 04:20 PM

Right, because a BYU athlete has never left school early to go pro.

I expect that he will declare for the draft, although as a BYU fan I'd like nothing more than for him to come back for his senior season.

Mormon Red Death
12-13-2008, 06:42 PM
#1 he put on too much weight this year and lost some of his speed. Even he and his family admit that.

#2 He's gotta get back to his Freshman year to prove that year wasn't a fluke...and again he knows that and would tell you that.

#3. He won't play Running back at the next level,,,he's being projected as more of a blocking H/back type....hybrird TE/RB type.....and that's what scouts are looking at him as.

Anyone paying close attention at all this year could tell that Harvey wasn't himself until the Utah game.

The one factor that might prevent him is his academics....he's struggled from day one and has barely made it the past 2 seasons.

Unga needs to get back down his best playing weight and stay there and show scouts the Freshman Unga and not the Sophomore Unga. Most of this comes from Unga himself.

reading this analysis I am reminded of a Ute even down to the grades

Chris Fu'amatu ma'afala

Solon
12-13-2008, 09:41 PM
reading this analysis I am reminded of a Ute even down to the grades

Chris Fu'amatu ma'afala

You're right.

Unga would be a good Steeler.