Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D, this one's for you

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=888388
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Mountain West teams were 9-5 against "Big Six" conference opponents.
    Washington, UCLA, Stanford, Michigan...

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
      Washington, UCLA, Stanford, Michigan...
      Tennessee, don't forget Tennessee. We'll not be marginalized by some BCS honk.
      There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
      Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
      And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
        Tennessee, don't forget Tennessee. We'll not be marginalized by some BCS honk.
        A&M. Left that one off, too.

Comment

I stopped midway through the first sentence

The Mountain West Conference isn't listed among the elite leagues in college football
          It is interesting that in order for the MWC to garner this kind of buzz, it takes a historically bad year for the PAC. And even then, the majority of the wins against the PAC turned out to be against teams with losing records.

So if the message is that in one of, if not the MWC's best year ever, the MWC top teams are better than many of the PAC10's mediocre and awful teams, then I would agree. The MWC secret is out!
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

A&M. Left that one off, too.
            The powerhouse Iowa State also.
            A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I guess all this proves is that Florida, USC, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas have only played a bunch of patsies excep, for the couple of big games on their schedule. Why is that different from Utah?
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                I guess all this proves is that Florida, USC, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas have only played a bunch of patsies excep, for the couple of big games on their schedule. Why is that different from Utah?
                Utah played all patsies.

The Utes will have the chance to prove otherwise in the Sugar Bowl.

sigpic

Comment

Texas played four teams ranked in the top 10 (on four consecutive weeks).
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    Utah played all patsies.

The Utes will have the chance to prove otherwise in the Sugar Bowl.
                    Didn't Utah's good OOC win just get blown out at home with a dream season on the line? At least BYU's good OOC win had the decency to go 0-12.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Texas played four teams ranked in the top 10 (on four consecutive weeks).
                      Ranked in the top 10 because the so-called top 10 teams beat top 10 teams. I think there's some cirularity to your argument. The rankings play off of preseason rankings that are nothing if not biased toward the BCS. Utah or BYU will be ranked in a pre-season top ten poll when hell freezes over.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Seattle, do you follow college football? Like at all?

Comment

Seattle, do you follow college football? Like at all?
                          That's a cheap shot. You know better than that.

Why do you have to be mean? you got what you wanted. More important, Oklahoma, unlike Texas, Alabama, and Florida, has played good nonconference teams and its ranking isn't just a self-perpetuating, circular phenomomenon.

But we'll find out in the first week in January how good is the SEC. If Utah doesn't play respectably against Alabama I'll come here and publically repent.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

If Utah doesn't play respectably against Alabama I'll come here and publically repent.
                            barbaragordon isn't LDS. She likely believes in grace. No need for repentance or works!

sigpic

Comment

That's a cheap shot. You know better than that.

Why do you have to be mean? you got what you wanted. More important, Oklahoma, unlike Texas, Alabama, and Florida, has played good nonconference teams and its ranking isn't just a self-perpetuating, circular phenomomenon.
                              I know that. So why did you include Oklahoma in your argument? USC is a stretch, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X