PDA

View Full Version : 3D, this one's for you

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 09:39 AM
http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=888388

Babs
12-12-2008, 10:03 AM
Mountain West teams were 9-5 against "Big Six" conference opponents.

Washington, UCLA, Stanford, Michigan...

landpoke
12-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Washington, UCLA, Stanford, Michigan...

Tennessee, don't forget Tennessee. We'll not be marginalized by some BCS honk.

Babs
12-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Tennessee, don't forget Tennessee. We'll not be marginalized by some BCS honk.

A&M. Left that one off, too.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 10:11 AM
I stopped midway through the first sentence

The Mountain West Conference isn't listed among the elite leagues in college football

It is interesting that in order for the MWC to garner this kind of buzz, it takes a historically bad year for the PAC. And even then, the majority of the wins against the PAC turned out to be against teams with losing records.

So if the message is that in one of, if not the MWC's best year ever, the MWC top teams are better than many of the PAC10's mediocre and awful teams, then I would agree. The MWC secret is out!

CJF
12-12-2008, 10:15 AM
A&M. Left that one off, too.

The powerhouse Iowa State also.

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 10:41 AM
I guess all this proves is that Florida, USC, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas have only played a bunch of patsies excep, for the couple of big games on their schedule. Why is that different from Utah?

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 11:03 AM
I guess all this proves is that Florida, USC, Alabama, Oklahoma and Texas have only played a bunch of patsies excep, for the couple of big games on their schedule. Why is that different from Utah?

Utah played all patsies.

The Utes will have the chance to prove otherwise in the Sugar Bowl.

Jeff Lebowski
12-12-2008, 11:06 AM

Texas played four teams ranked in the top 10 (on four consecutive weeks).

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Utah played all patsies.

The Utes will have the chance to prove otherwise in the Sugar Bowl.

Didn't Utah's good OOC win just get blown out at home with a dream season on the line? At least BYU's good OOC win had the decency to go 0-12.

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Texas played four teams ranked in the top 10 (on four consecutive weeks).

Ranked in the top 10 because the so-called top 10 teams beat top 10 teams. I think there's some cirularity to your argument. The rankings play off of preseason rankings that are nothing if not biased toward the BCS. Utah or BYU will be ranked in a pre-season top ten poll when hell freezes over.

Babs
12-12-2008, 11:56 AM

Seattle, do you follow college football? Like at all?

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Seattle, do you follow college football? Like at all?

That's a cheap shot. You know better than that.

Why do you have to be mean? you got what you wanted. More important, Oklahoma, unlike Texas, Alabama, and Florida, has played good nonconference teams and its ranking isn't just a self-perpetuating, circular phenomomenon.

But we'll find out in the first week in January how good is the SEC. If Utah doesn't play respectably against Alabama I'll come here and publically repent.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 12:12 PM
If Utah doesn't play respectably against Alabama I'll come here and publically repent.

barbaragordon isn't LDS. She likely believes in grace. No need for repentance or works!

Babs
12-12-2008, 12:13 PM

Why do you have to be mean? you got what you wanted. More important, Oklahoma, unlike Texas, Alabama, and Florida, has played good nonconference teams and its ranking isn't just a self-perpetuating, circular phenomomenon.

I know that. So why did you include Oklahoma in your argument? USC is a stretch, too.

Babs
12-12-2008, 12:14 PM
barbaragordon isn't LDS. She likely believes in grace. No need for repentance or works!

Forget grace. Keep talking smack and mercy is what you'd better be hoping for if you ever run into Batgirl.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 12:15 PM
I know that. So why did you include Oklahoma in your argument? USC is a stretch, too.

Of all the perennials, SC, by FAR, has gone out of its way to schedule REAL OOC opponents each year. true, sometimes the teams had down years, but playing the OOC card on SC isn't the best bet.

This year, OU played TCU and CinciNNati, both of which are ranked. Shame on them for scheduling Chatanoogie.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Forget grace. Keep talking smack and mercy is what you'd better be hoping for if you ever run into Batgirl.

I don't have any thoughts of surviving such an encounter. If I were to survive the initial stun phase, I most definitely would be done in by Phase 2: Attack of the Klaihoms.

My only hope would be to put on my Kirk Herbstreit mask, which seems to be impervious to your wiles.

Babs
12-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Of all the perennials, SC, by FAR, has gone out of its way to schedule REAL OOC opponents each year. true, sometimes the teams had down years, but playing the OOC card on SC isn't the best bet.

This year, OU played TCU and CinciNNati, both of which are ranked. Shame on them for scheduling Chatanoogie.

Chat was a (very) last minute replacement when our originally scheduled opponent backed out.

Babs
12-12-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't have any thoughts of surviving such an encounter. If I were to survive the initial stun phase, I most definitely would be done in by Phase 2: Attack of the Klaihoms.

As if.

Don't worry. I've set my laser from stun to kill.

SipiTau
12-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Chat was a (very) last minute replacement when our originally scheduled opponent backed out.

Well, you guys are in trouble next season.....BYU on the dreaded neutral field. How about making a MWC trifecta and include Utah & TCU? If you win all three games, straight shot to the BCS 2010 title game.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Well, you guys are in trouble next season.....BYU on the dreaded neutral field. How about making a MWC trifecta and include Utah & TCU? If you win all three games, straight shot to the BCS 2010 title game.

Yes I imagine the neutral field will allow BYU to keep the score within 50.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 01:04 PM
Yes I imagine the neutral field will allow BYU to keep the score within 50.

I am excited to attend that game, but I have to admit, it is going to be really hard staying neutral the entire game. I just know I am going to want to cheer for BYU at some point.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-12-2008, 01:07 PM
I am excited to attend that game, but I have to admit, it is going to be really hard staying neutral the entire game. I just know I am going to want to cheer for BYU at some point.
Perhaps excited by all the neutrality these girls will attend
http://getboofed.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/sweedish5.jpg
http://bearsinhumansuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/sweedish_girl.jpg
http://gfx.aftonbladet.se/multimedia/dynamic/00586/07s26-BLONDES-885_j_586981a.jpg

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 01:12 PM
I just want to reemphasize the circularity of fans of the very few elite BCS teams coming here and saying, "But the MWC has only beaten the great unwashed of the BCS." Who have the BCS elite beaten? Pardon me, the MWC's overall winning percentage this year against the great unwashed of the BCS is higher than that of the BCS elites.

I read on Utefans where a Bama fan came and said, "Look you guys, I want you to know we're not disappointed to be playing y'all. We're very excited to be playing in a BCS bowl, because that is a major event for us too. And we're excited to play an undefeated team like y'all's." I respected that candor.

8BR
12-12-2008, 01:20 PM
I read on Utefans where a Bama fan came and said, "Look you guys, I want you to know we're not disappointed to be playing y'all. We're very excited to be playing in a BCS bowl, because that is a major event for us too. And we're excited to play an undefeated team like y'all's." I respected that candor.

Whenever I read posts from Bama fans my mind reads it in the voice of gent from Alabama circa 1934. lol.

IMO Utah, BYU, and this year TCU are helping change folks' perception of the MWC. It's a multi-year task; one flash-in-the-pan won't do it. Heck, I remember when Florida State was everyone's cannon fodder and desired homecoming opponent. They sure fixed that. No reason Utah and the MWC can't do the same.

I'm truly excited to be playing Utah! Clearly a worthy opponent and very capable of beating us. Hopefully that doesn't happen though.

BTW, thanks and welcome to all the Utah fans who join us on this site! We do enjoy discussing football with our opponents...

http://tidefans.com/forums/showpost.php?p=981280&postcount=33

Jeff Lebowski
12-12-2008, 01:22 PM

So that's the only flaw in his logic? There went your credibility.

Jeff Lebowski
12-12-2008, 01:24 PM

But we'll find out in the first week in January how good is the SEC. If Utah doesn't play respectably against Alabama I'll come here and publically repent.

And don't you have what you wanted? A high ranking and a BCS berth. Seriously, what point are you trying to make? Are you really arguing that Utah is as solid a program as the ones you mentioned?

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Perhaps excited by all the neutrality these girls will attend
http://getboofed.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/sweedish5.jpg
http://bearsinhumansuits.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/sweedish_girl.jpg
http://gfx.aftonbladet.se/multimedia/dynamic/00586/07s26-BLONDES-885_j_586981a.jpg

These girls are Swedish, not Swiss.

landpoke
12-12-2008, 01:35 PM
These girls are Swedish, not Swiss.

The Swedes have been neutral since after the Napoleonic wars.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 01:43 PM

You obviously don't live near IKEA.

The Swedish are taking over the entire Western hemisphere, one home at a time.

Currently, the Swedes occupy portions of my home...specifically, loads of matching wooden hangers, a set of stackable drawers in our kids' rooms, a plastic play table and matching chairs for the dudes, and some random stuffed animals.

I would venture to say that many on CUF have waged war against IKEA and eventually lost.

Neutral, my eye.

Surfah
12-12-2008, 01:46 PM

Babs has issues with the tummys on those gals.

Babs
12-12-2008, 01:47 PM
So that's the only flaw in his logic? There went your credibility.

Actually I had a long post typed up before I decided to hell with it. Seattle's been complaining that I pick on him too often.

Babs
12-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Babs has issues with the tummys on those gals.

Thank you. Guilty as charged. It was killing me not to post that they may want to switch to diet OJ.

Jeff Lebowski
12-12-2008, 02:01 PM
Actually I had a long post typed up before I decided to hell with it. Seattle's been complaining that I pick on him too often.

SU begging the librarian for mercy. Will wonders never cease?

landpoke
12-12-2008, 02:02 PM

Currently, the Swedes occupy portions of my home...specifically, loads of matching wooden hangers, a set of stackable drawers in our kids' rooms, a plastic play table and matching chairs for the dudes, and some random stuffed animals.

I would venture to say that many on CUF have waged war against IKEA and eventually lost.

Neutral, my eye.

Damn sneaky blond sum bitches. Now that you mention it they've gained a toehold here in Northern Wyoming with their clean-lined, inexpensive furniture of dubious durability.

Might have to get the chainsaw out tonight and start taking back our country.

Babs
12-12-2008, 02:03 PM

Actually, we ARE in trouble next year. If Sam stays, his numbers are going to be down. It's certainly not going to be 2008 part deux.

Don't worry. I've set my laser from stun to kill.

Come on guys, this is an easy one.

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 02:04 PM
Thank you. Guilty as charged. It was killing me not to post that they may want to switch to diet OJ.

It doesn't trouble the guys. But I guess they don't set the ideal.

Babs
12-12-2008, 02:19 PM
It doesn't trouble the guys. But I guess they don't set the ideal.

I doubt there's any sense in continuing to beat this poor equine. But:

It's not about an ideal. All different kinds of women are beautiful. But to me, if you want to play Barbie like these (and so many) girls clearly do, it's only common sense that you lose the beer belly before you bare your midrift.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 02:41 PM
I doubt there's any sense in continuing to beat this poor equine. But:

It's not about an ideal. All different kinds of women are beautiful. But to me, if you want to play Barbie like these (and so many) girls clearly do, it's only common sense that you lose the beer belly before you bare your midrift.

You have been brainwashed by the Gotcha media.

Go check out some renaissance art. All those chicks had beer/ambrosia bellies and huge Js.

Babs
12-12-2008, 03:03 PM
You have been brainwashed by the Gotcha media.

No. Look closer and notice what I said. I said "if these women want to play Barbie." These women are the ones who have established the unrealistic expectations for themselves. These women are the ones who have bought into the false ideal propagated by the media. (It's fantastic being made of plastic.)

Look at them. They bleach their hair, invest in silicone, remove their clothing, and pose suggestively in what is an obvious attempt to attract men. Because that's where they've chosen to find their self worth. Now, my point is simply that if women are going to attempt this kind of thing, if they're going to buy into these false standards and participate in the perpetuation of this mythology, they should bother to do it right. Because frankly there's something sad and pathetic about seeing girls throwing themselves out there and falling flat.

It actually makes me sad. So many women have bought into this lie -- that they have to affect a certain look to be sexy. That the point of existence is to attract men. That's baloney. You can, of course, go that route, artificially making yourself into what you believe men want you to look like. And yes, you'll ooze sexy; and yes, you'll attract men. But you can also play up your own natural assets, take care of yourself and your body, focus on making yourself into what YOU want you to be instead of what men want you to be, and be proud of who you are. That's sexy (and far too rare) in its own right.

end rant.

Jeff Lebowski
12-12-2008, 03:07 PM
No. Look closer and notice what I said. I said "if these women want to play Barbie." These women are the ones who have established the unrealistic expectations for themselves. These women are the ones who have bought into the false ideal propagated by the media. (It's fantastic being made of plastic.)

Look at them. They bleach their hair, invest in silicone, remove their clothing, and pose suggestively in what is an obvious attempt to attract men. Because that's where they've chosen to find their self worth. Now, my point is simply that if women are going to attempt this kind of thing, if they're going to buy into these false standards and participate in the perpetuation of this mythology, they should bother to do it right. Because frankly there's something sad and pathetic about seeing girls throwing themselves out there and falling flat.

It actually makes me sad. So many women have bought into this lie -- that they have to affect a certain look to be sexy. That the point of existence is to attract men. That's baloney. You can, of course, go that route, artificially making yourself into what you believe men want you to look like. And yes, you'll ooze sexy; and yes, you'll attract men. But you can also play up your own natural assets, take care of yourself and your body, focus on making yourself into what YOU want you to be instead of what men want you to be, and be proud of who you are. That's sexy (and far too rare) in its own right.

end rant.

Well said, Babs. Right on.

Babs
12-12-2008, 03:07 PM
So many women have bought into this lie -- that they have to affect a certain look to be sexy. That the point of existence is to attract men. That's baloney.

It should be noted that the writer is fully aware of the inherent irony of the tank-top-wearing, Maybelline-enhanced, Herbstreit-obsessing Barbara Gordon penning these lines.

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 03:15 PM
But it's the women who put this tyranny on themselves. The guys like natural. They do.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 03:19 PM

end rant.

I have noticed these days that when women get pissed at other women, the first thing they throw out is the silicone thing. Again, back to my previous post about men and women and their physical self-perception. You know, some women have big boobs without buying them, fyi. Some women are blonde without bleaching it. You implicate all those women yet really have no clue what is real and what is fake.

Who knows if these women have no self-worth. They might simply lack good judgement, but based on the pics, they seem to be partying. Big deal.

You seem to have all these women figured out based on the one picture.....their esteem, their worth, their motives, etc...You would make a good Mormon.

Babs
12-12-2008, 03:24 PM
But it's the women who put this tyranny on themselves.

You deceive yourself. The girls wouldn't do this stuff if the men didn't respond.

I'm on sports boards all the time. Pictures of women are posted constantly, but I've yet to see a guy post a bunch of pictures of "regular" girls with a note that says "hey, check THIS out!!"

It's not the women supporting the 14 billion dollar porn industry.

It's not the women creating or buying the 35 million dollars of SI Swimsuit Issues every year.

It's not the women who've made Marisa Miller the #1 search on the internet.

So don't try to pass this one off on Eve, sweetheart.

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 03:28 PM
You deceive yourself. The girls wouldn't do this stuff if the men didn't respond.

I'm on sports boards all the time. Pictures of women are posted constantly, but I've yet to see a guy post a bunch of pictures of "regular" girls with a note that says "hey, check THIS out!!"

It's not the women creating or buying the 35 million dollars of SI Swimsuit Issues every year.

call me a freak. This is my ideal:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000194/mediaindex

Jeff Lebowski
12-12-2008, 03:28 PM

Aha. The chick from Boogie Nights.

smokymountainrain
12-12-2008, 03:29 PM

If you're going for that age range...Diane Lane >>> Julianne Moore. Freak.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 03:41 PM

My kids loved Amber Waves in that movie!

CardiacCoug
12-12-2008, 03:41 PM

I thought that was Heather Graham.

Kidding. That's the movie I was going to suggest to SU, too. As if he hasn't watched the scenes of Julianne Moore in high def and slow motion, with frequent rewinding.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 03:42 PM

SeattleUte, your fair maiden kind of has a J-Moore vibe to her. rowrrr!

Babs
12-12-2008, 03:43 PM
TD, that was an odd post all the way around. I'm not even sure where to start.

Women are welcome to get implants if that makes them happy. And of course some women are large naturally. I come from a line of women that have to have back surgery to support their racks. I obviously got the shallow end of that particular gene pool, but as the sweet potato said, I yam what I yam.

When I was speaking specifically of the women posted here, I was referring to the ones in the bikini photo together. It's hard to argue that a couple of those girls haven't dyed their hair and augmented themselves. You suggest I'm jumping to conclusions as to the reason for those changes. Perhaps, but I'd say there's a good chance I'm correct.

Because of my own ambiguous writing, you confused the specific (those girls) with the general (women in general) when I suggested that too many women are finding their self worth in attracting men, and affecting their appearance to that end. I was speaking of American women in general there, not those girls in particular, who don't even appear to be American. These women may, indeed, not conform to the pattern that I describe, but I believe that that pattern does exist. You'd be hard pressed to find many that would argue otherwise.

You seem to be trying to infer a bit much about me and my feelings from this one post. I'd suggest that you refrain. It is somewhat ironic that in the same post in which you accuse me of jumping to conclusions about these girls, you simultaneously make several assumptions about me.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 03:45 PM

So if men didn't like attractive women, the gals wouldn't care about getting dolled up? Seems very over simplified.

I agree that message boards are a virtual extension of locker room culture, but you should pause for a sec.....for all the chest thumping that goes on, all the guys online think they have a smoking hot wife. How many of the wifes are, in reality, "smoking hot," at least per the standards you are laying out? Not many.

Guys talk a good game. When all is said and done, they are just looking for a nice place to rest their penis at the end of a long, hard day.

TripletDaddy
12-12-2008, 03:51 PM
TD, that was an odd post all the way around. I'm not even sure where to start.

Women are welcome to get implants if that makes them happy. And of course some women are large naturally. I come from a line of women that have to have back surgery to support their racks. I obviously got the shallow end of that particular gene pool, but as the sweet potato said, I yam what I yam.

When I was speaking specifically of the women posted here, I was referring to the ones in the bikini photo together. It's hard to argue that a couple of those girls haven't dyed their hair and augmented themselves. You suggest I'm jumping to conclusions as to the reason for those changes. Perhaps, but I'd say there's a good chance I'm correct.

Because of my own ambiguous writing, you confused the specific (those girls) with the general (women in general) when I suggested that too many women are finding their self worth in attracting men, and affecting their appearance to that end. I was speaking of American women in general there, not those girls in particular, who don't even appear to be American. These women may, indeed, not conform to the pattern that I describe, but I believe that that pattern does exist. You'd be hard pressed to find many that would argue otherwise.

You seem to be trying to infer a bit much about me and my feelings from this one post. I'd suggest that you refrain. It is somewhat ironic that in the same post in which you accuse me of jumping to conclusions about these girls, you simultaneously make several assumptions about me.

If I misread, I apologize. I agree that women have been subjected to unrealistic physical standards in the media. The comments in the thread were focused on those particular girls and their mid-sections, so I thought you were talking about them. You were the one that brought up larger topics such as esteem and worth. HFN simply posted a pic of some chicks in bikinis that were having a party.

I get annoyed when I am blamed for female hangups. Women want a guy that looks like Kirk Herbstreit. Not all guys look like Kirk Herbstreit. If they did, we would all be having a lot more homoerotic sex. But that doesn't mean that women are to blame for male self-esteem. We all can't look like swimsuit models or SeattleUte. So we accept the harsh reality and move on.

pelagius
12-12-2008, 03:56 PM

Neutral, my eye.

Preach it Father of Triplets; speak truth to power. One of my best friends is a Swede and she has almost a bloodlust for power (plus I think she lobbied the Nobel committee for Krugman (she just got back from his coronation)). I have had it with her IKEA propaganda.

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 04:09 PM
3D is a walking aviator's convention.

HuskyFreeNorthwest
12-12-2008, 04:27 PM

Freak.

You asked for it.

Jeff Lebowski
12-12-2008, 04:28 PM
My kids loved Amber Waves in that movie!

But of course, her best part ever was Maude Lebowski. She killed in that role.

Babs
12-12-2008, 04:32 PM
So if men didn't like attractive women, the gals wouldn't care about getting dolled up? Seems very over simplified.

I agree that message boards are a virtual extension of locker room culture, but you should pause for a sec.....for all the chest thumping that goes on, all the guys online think they have a smoking hot wife. How many of the wifes are, in reality, "smoking hot," at least per the standards you are laying out? Not many.

Absolutely, But Seattle was implying that women are solely responsible for the propagation of this "smokin' hot" ideal, and it's simply not true.

Babs
12-12-2008, 04:37 PM
If I misread, I apologize. I agree that women have been subjected to unrealistic physical standards in the media. The comments in the thread were focused on those particular girls and their mid-sections, so I thought you were talking about them. You were the one that brought up larger topics such as esteem and worth. HFN simply posted a pic of some chicks in bikinis that were having a party.

I get annoyed when I am blamed for female hangups. Women want a guy that looks like Kirk Herbstreit. Not all guys look like Kirk Herbstreit. If they did, we would all be having a lot more homoerotic sex. But that doesn't mean that women are to blame for male self-esteem. We all can't look like swimsuit models or SeattleUte. So we accept the harsh reality and move on.

It was my mistake. I shifted from specific to general without making it clear that I was doing so.

And I didn't intend a foray into this territory, actually. Like I said, dead horse meet stick. But Seattle's pretty good at goading me, and he set me off when he accused me of having an unrealistic ideal.

And again, I never suggested that men alone are responsible for the bizarre mentality of collective American womanhood. But I do disagree with Seattle's assertion that we women alone are primarily responsible.

SeattleUte
12-12-2008, 04:39 PM
Absolutely, But Seattle was implying that women are solely responsible for the propagation of this "smokin' hot" ideal, and it's simply not true.

I think you overstate what I said, as your usage of "implying" implies. But I do think women often diet and dress for one another as much as or more than for men, as with the obsession to be rail thin. On rare occasions I've seen women go to enormous lenghts with hair dye, makeup and dieting that has been counterproductive. They would have been more beautiful without such extremes, at least from my perspective, and I think I'm a pretty Joe Sixpack heterosexual.

creekster
12-12-2008, 04:47 PM
I think I'm a pretty Joe Sixpack heterosexual.

SU, settling in with his six pack of perrier to watch the latest example of a ballet dancer roughing up a cowboy.

RockyBalboa
12-12-2008, 04:51 PM
It should be noted that the writer is fully aware of the inherent irony of the tank-top-wearing, Maybelline-enhanced, Herbstreit-obsessing Barbara Gordon penning these lines.

I'm sure you're okay with further said irony that a lot of men in front of the TV do the same thing,,,,,,like Herbie getting his teeth bleached so as to make sure that that bright smile combined with that amazing unibrow of his is irresistible.

pelagius
12-12-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm sure you're okay with further said irony that a lot of men in front of the TV do the same thing,,,,,,like Herbie getting his teeth bleached so as to make sure that that bright smile combined with that amazing unibrow of his is irresistible.

To me the irony is that there is no way she would like Herbie if she lived in Columbus ... the dude is so overexposed here. All his normal ESPN stuff, his local radio show, and probably 30 different commercials (my favorite is the one for the company that fixes your basement water problems). I'm sure he is likeable enough but I have been on Herbstreit overload mode for the better part of 4.5 years.

Babs
12-12-2008, 05:21 PM
To me the irony is that there is no way she would like Herbie if she lived in Columbus

Honestly, a lot of the shiny wore off just from talking with him. But he can still do the play-by-plays from my booth anytime.

YOhio
12-12-2008, 05:22 PM
But he can still do the play-by-plays from my booth anytime.

What exactly does that mean?

Babs
12-12-2008, 05:46 PM
What exactly does that mean?

hm. Well, I suppose he could color-commentate instead, but that doesn't sound like it involves near as much action.

RockyBalboa
12-12-2008, 05:47 PM
hm. Well, I suppose he could color-commentate instead, but that doesn't sound like it involves near as much action.

That depends.....usually the Color Commentators are the ones screaming "OH MY GOD!" after a spectacular play......