Finally, BYU has done its part in getting respect for the MWC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, BYU has done its part in getting respect for the MWC

Honestly, over the past few years, despite all the big talk from us BYU fans about national respect and the MWC, it's really been Utah and TCU that have "walked the walk". Yes, we had Oregon in 2006 and UCLA in 2007, but until now, those had been outweighed by the missteps.

The meltdown in 2001, the Crowton years, early season losses to Arizona (x2), BC, and UCLA, late-season losses to Utah and Arizona - when given the chance to make a statement in recent years, BYU has tended to fizzle.

I'm not too proud to acknowledge that the conference has ridden the coattails of Utah this decade. It's nice that BYU finally has come through on the big stage.

Man, this is going to be a fun season - as long as BYU doesn't lose.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

BYU is almost certainly going to lose at least once this year. I'm not sure what all this ethereal "respect" for the MWC is really worth. National respect lasts even less time than respect from your own fans. BYU beat Miami in 1990 and then proceeded to lose three games by 16, 31 and 51 points.

Just enjoy the win and stop fretting about national "respect"; it's just not worth much.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Even a blind squirrel finds the occasional nut.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Working...
      X