My solution to the BSU/Oregon punching incident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My solution to the BSU/Oregon punching incident

After the punching incident, Oregon stepped to the plate, and suspended their player for the year. Pretty harsh, but, you can't argue etc. as it was a pretty poor decision and reaction on this young mans part. However, this player has lost his entire senior year, and perhaps...a chance at the NFL?

He has since like apologized 4 times on national media, to fans, to Boise State, to Haut, etc...he's tried to make amends in any way he could.

Sliding under the radar a bit, is that he was egged on, taunted etc. by Haut, the BSU player...who has received no disciplinary action whatsoever.

I think, a wise thing to do, to effectively serve both universities, and provide a 2nd chance to the OU player, would be to do something like this:

Have BSU's coach Peterson, call up the AD & Coach of Oregon, and lay down this plan.

Peterson would go public with a press conference. He would state that "after I have investigated this incident a bit further, it is apparent that our player, Haut, instigated the incident by tuanting the Oregon players.

I am therefore suspending Haut for the next 2 games (after all...would that really hurt BSU with the schedule they play?), and I/we/Boise State, are asking the University of Oregon to lessen the impact on their player, and allow him to play in some portion of the 2009 season." (ie. half the season).

If Peterson would step up to the plate, it would allow BSU to take some responsibility for this incident, as well as save face for Oregon and the Pac-10 and still allow this young man a 2nd chance.
    "Newton's First Law of Motion: ...things at rest tend to stay at rest. Things in motion, tend to stay in motion...."

Hmm... Good motivation for me to remain active I guess.

The Boise kid didn't do anything worthy of suspension...

The Oregon player talked crap all week. He was in the papers talking about how they were going to kick Boise's butt. The Boise player taps him on the shoulder and asks how that buttkicking went. Worst than that happens on every play of a Utah-BYU game and no one calls for suspensions. It shouldn't have happened here.

Comment

The punch was one thing. That alone wouldn't have got him the whole year, IMO. It was afterwards when he directed his anger towards the fans and his own teammates.
      I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

I don't think we've seen the last of this story...I think if Blount keeps his nose clean, he gets reinstated for the last 4 games of the season. They seem to be laying the ground work for it right now. Worst case scenario, he plays in their bowl game, should they get there.
        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

He might help his own case out if he showed up for practice yesterday...which he didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
            I don't think we've seen the last of this story...I think if Blount keeps his nose clean, he gets reinstated for the last 4 games of the season. They seem to be laying the ground work for it right now. Worst case scenario, he plays in their bowl game, should they get there.
            I think that would make for a good ending to a bad situation. I would hate to see a young man piss away an opportunity at a career in the NFL over a few minutes. Assuming that he keeps his nose clean.

Evidently he is not off to a good start by missing practice (Thanks Tick.)
            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Working...
            X