Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OU fans hitting up Colby Clawson on facebook calling him a dirty player.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OU fans hitting up Colby Clawson on facebook calling him a dirty player.

Stay classy OU!
    *Banned*

What else do they have to hang their hat on?
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

I hope ER will weigh in on this, but I think shoulder separations are more a function of how someone falls than anything else. You have to hit the AC joint just right. I separated mine simply by falling down awkwardly while playing touch football with my kids. So for OU fans to claim something dirty caused the injury seems dumb to me. (It also seems dumb for any BYU fan to claim the injury resulted from a really great hit.)
      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Any fans would do it. If it had been the other way around there would be cries of "thug" all over CB, and moreover, probably suggestions of some kind of conspiracy.

Comment

Actually 90% of them are handling it in a classy manner. I would hope I would be able to say the same for BYU fans if the situation was reversed.

Comment

The injury happened early, right? What are folks' opinions on how the game would have played out had the injury never happened? It was a one point game. It seems like the difference between a starting QB and a backup could pretty easily be worth more than a field goal.

Anyhow, it is always sad when someone gets injured. What a raw deal.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post
              The injury happened early, right? What are folks' opinions on how the game would have played out had the injury never happened? It was a one point game. It seems like the difference between a starting QB and a backup could pretty easily be worth more than a field goal.

Injury happened 2 seconds before half time. At that point in the game it was 7-7 and BYU had outgained OU by 100+ yards.
              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                Injury happened 2 seconds before half time. At that point in the game it was 7-7 and BYU had outgained OU by 100+ yards.
                20 seconds.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by RobinFinderson View Post

The only real thing OU fans can ask is if Bradford was given the ball on the 40 with 2 minutes to play and only needing to get 30 yards. He is the kind of QB that could pull a rabbit out of his hat.

Still, injuries are part of the game. BYU didn't have Unga, but the backup RB did a decent job. If depth is what separates the big boys from the MWC, then they should've had someone other than a redshirt freshman backing up.

Hell, USC has backup QB's go into the league and start.

U-Ute

Comment

Working...
                  X