No announcement yet.

Ponder looks to me like the kind of QB that has given BYU fits in years past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ponder looks to me like the kind of QB that has given BYU fits in years past

The FSU game will tell us whether our D has been upgraded enough to deal with that particular achilles heel.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Yep.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

I'm not so sure. He ran a fair amount in the first half, but it seems like the second half the OC has preferred to throw it and Ponder hasn't seemed very accurate. If they get behind and feel like they need to throw it then I like our chances, provided we pressure him, instead of dropping back into prevent. I want to see our defense one more time before I decide though.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Honestly, I feel like the stereotype is a bit overblown. We've had bad games in the past, but also some good ones.

Rich/Johnson/Pendleton/Clawson were very good saturday. It seems to me that they would be the most tested with a mobile QB.

Bradford is hands down a better QB than Ponder, with or without contrasting styles. Much of OU's first half offensive success came with a short field. If anything, the offense is the question mark.

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
          The FSU game will tell us whether our D has been upgraded enough to deal with that particular achilles heel.
          Alex Smith ran all over and around BYU's defense. I see a different intensity and style to BYU's defense of today vs. the one that faced Alex.

Comment

I am pretty sure we can contain him with our front 7... I was also noticing that Miami was able to throw at will against their backs. We should light them up.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

The real question is what happens when teams go 4 and 5 wide against BYU.

That seems to be where BYU has problems.

U-Ute

Comment

After watching that game, I am very concerned about FSU..

The passes up the middle that were killing Miami made me cringe...

And # 80 looks deadly...

Comment

BYU's defense played great last week, but I'm not quite ready to give them a clean bill of health. Oklahoma refused to challenge us with the pass before Bradford got hurt; they were very conservative.

FSU will have the benefit of game film to see where Oklahoma could've attacked, but didn't. Ponder may be a little streaky, but there is a lot of explosive talent on that team.

On the flip side, I think FSU's defense isn't nearly what Oklahoma's is.
                  Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                    On the flip side, I think FSU's defense isn't nearly what Oklahoma's is.
                    I would agree. FSU's pass defense(and at times their run defense as well) looked downright porous.
                    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                      I would agree. FSU's pass defense(and at times their run defense as well) looked downright porous.
                      Agreed. They have great athletes but little discipline, it seems. Oklahoma's front seven are much better than FSU's front seven in any event.
                      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

<exUte mode>

I hate being right ...

</exUte mode>
                        "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

<exUte mode>

I hate being right ...

</exUte mode>
                          where is exute?

Comment

<exUte mode>

I hate being right ...

</exUte mode>
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Biy werew you ever correct on this one. Normally I am terrifed of this as well but with the play of Pendleton and Rich this season i was thinking we ought to be able to contain them some.

I should have known better.

Comment

Working...
                              X