Do I root for BYU or Tulane?
    Tulane
    20.83%
    BYU
    75.00%
    He should recuse himself and root for Utah against SJSU
    4.17%

The poll is expired.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
    BYU. Duh.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

whichever one wins.

Comment

You go with your undergrad school. Grad school is a business/professional decision. Sports do not enter the equation.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I have always viewed a person's predominant undergraduate institution as the one which should hold sway in matters of sports allegiances. Therefore, you are bound to root for BYU.

Edit: looks like I hacked falafel's answer.

Comment

I can't believe you made a poll for this.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              You go with your undergrad school. Grad school is a business/professional decision. Sports do not enter the equation.
              Exactly.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Come on; it's all in fun. Of course I'll pull for BYU; check my vote.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                  Jeff, I think we should celebrate the very fact that wuapinmon has started paying attention to college football. I've been trying to get him to be a college football fan for years -- his membership on CUF must've finally opened the door for him. I say we celebrate it!
                  Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

I'll say this for the board - I joined in March with no pretense that the majority of the posts would be sports-related. But once the CF season started, this has become a damn respectable sports board.

My apologies to the random thoughts thread.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Jeff, I think we should celebrate the very fact that wuapinmon has started paying attention to college football. I've been trying to get him to be a college football fan for years -- his membership on CUF must've finally opened the door for him. I say we celebrate it!
                      Fair enough.

Yeah wuap!!!!!

Comment

I owe my newfound fandom to a few things:

1. I'm storing Tim's kick-<redacted> tv for him while he's not using it. HD football is amazing.

2. When I lived in Provo, I had to work selling pizzas at Pizza Hut on Canyon Rd. every single home game, including that one vs Murray State. No one bought any pizzas that day; it was a disaster. I no longer have to sling pepperoni's to pay the bills. The only BYU games I ever went to were vs UNLV in Vegas because I could get off work.

3. NFL football is dead to me. It's so full of itself. I won't watch.

4. I never went to a game during my 2 1/2 undergrad years at Georgia Tech because I was still miffed at football from my high school days. Offensive linemen get little respect, zero glory, and tons of hatred if they screw up. I have divots in my forearm muscles, to this day, from the knots I got playing line...even with pads. You can run your finger up my left forearm and it will stop in the hole. I was angry with football for a long time, even while I was still playing. I'm over that now.

5. A memorable Jeopardy! question from my youth about the Aviation Bowl prompted me to think about how bad the BCS sucks.

6. Looking at old photos of my dad from when he played for Samford University in Birmingham reminded me of how much he and I liked to watch Yellow Jacket games together when I was a kid. 1990 was such a fun year for GA Tech football.

7.CUF has re-awakened my interest in football and since I hate the NFL, college ball seems like a fun place to come back.

Thanks, CUF (and Dayton).

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                          That all depends where you go to grad school.

However, Texas played BYU twice when I was there as a grad student. I cheered for BYU both times and gloated over the wins.

Comment

I owe my newfound fandom to a few things:...
                            band. wagon.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                              band. wagon.
                              Are we talking about the bounce house?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X