Scrubs moving to ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrubs moving to ABC

I have only casually watched this show ever, but it is really interesting to me that it is switching networks. Is there any precedent for this? I remember hearing rumors when Arrested Development was cancelled by Fox that another network may pick it up, but that didn't happen obviously.

This seems like such a slap in the face to NBC.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

It has happened before. Monk went from USA to ABC. Law And Order did some switching. Those are the ones I can think of.

Comment

Isn't this the last season of Scrubs anyway? I think last season was supposed to be the last, but the writer's strike delayed it. Are you saying that they were never going to end the series--they were just going to switch networks?
      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        I have only casually watched this show ever, but it is really interesting to me that it is switching networks. Is there any precedent for this? I remember hearing rumors when Arrested Development was cancelled by Fox that another network may pick it up, but that didn't happen obviously.

This seems like such a slap in the face to NBC.
        Buffy the Vampire Slayer went from the WB to UPN.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
          Buffy the Vampire Slayer went from the WB to UPN.
          That's salir de Guatemala a Guatepeor (Leaving Guatebad for Guateworse).
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            It has happened before. Monk went from USA to ABC.
            Monk is still on USA. It is still shown sometimes on NBC, which own both. But all the new episodes are solely on USA. Great show.

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, quite a few shows are owned either by production houses or by independent production companies (who get production houses under contract). The networks do own some shows, but they usually do this with an eye for making money on syndication later. Frequently the networks just have a contract with the show's production company.
              Last edited by Sleeping in EQ; 12-18-2008, 04:01 PM.
              We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

I watched Scrubs tonight and I laughed harder at the jokes the character Cole said than I have at anything on TV in years. He's like a perfect amalgamation of all my students.
                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

uhhh. yeah. House used to be on NBC and they cancelled it before it was fortuitously picked up by fox.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

~3 out of the last 4 episodes have been really good. They got rid of the overly eccentric JD caricature and have developed the two guys' and the butch chick's characters well. Funny is a good quality in a sitcom.
                    I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
                      ~3 out of the last 4 episodes have been really good. They got rid of the overly eccentric JD caricature and have developed the two guys' and the butch chick's characters well. Funny is a good quality in a sitcom.
                      "Cole, I forgot about you, how long have you been standing here?"

Camera shows a non-digital clock on the wall

"Yo, I don't know cause I can't read old-people clocks."

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        "Cole, I forgot about you, how long have you been standing here?"

Camera shows a non-digital clock on the wall

"Yo, I don't know cause I can't read old-people clocks."

Analog is the word you were looking for. Analógico, en Español.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          Analog is the word you were looking for. Analógico, en Español.

Comment

Working...
                          X