Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know it is college football season.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know it is college football season.....

When you have a layover coming home from the game and you see fans/boosters all over the place in the terminal.

I had a layover in SFO this morning out of Dallas.....I saw a load of LSU fans (laying over from Seattle), a bunch of Cal fans (alums flying back home from the weekend opener v Maryland), obviously several BYU and Sooner fans, and SC fans that had flown into LA for the game and were coming back. During my layover, there was a large group of us, all sitting around talking about our respective games, each of us wearing our team gear. Much of the talk was about the BYU game, simply because by beating OU, BYU did a HUGE favor to teams like SC, Florida, and Texas. The LSU fans were very excited about the beauty of Seattle (the city, not the Ute). Cal fans can't wait for the SC game.

I thought the LSU fans were really cool. Very nice people that clearly follow football like a religion. A religion I would be interested in joining, btw.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    I thought the LSU fans were really cool. Very nice people that clearly follow football like a religion. A religion I would be interested in joining, btw.
    I have joined, but I spend a lot of time out in the foyer with my noisy kid.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
      When you have a layover coming home from the game and you see fans/boosters all over the place in the terminal.

I had a layover in SFO this morning out of Dallas.....I saw a load of LSU fans (laying over from Seattle), a bunch of Cal fans (alums flying back home from the weekend opener v Maryland), obviously several BYU and Sooner fans, and SC fans that had flown into LA for the game and were coming back. During my layover, there was a large group of us, all sitting around talking about our respective games, each of us wearing our team gear. Much of the talk was about the BYU game, simply because by beating OU, BYU did a HUGE favor to teams like SC, Florida, and Texas. The LSU fans were very excited about the beauty of Seattle (the city, not the Ute). Cal fans can't wait for the SC game.

I echo your sentiment about LSU fans. The town was lousy with them last few days. They were proud and loud but never irritating, and always amiable. Several of them made friendly gestures. During halftime I had my boys seated on a bench outside the stadium munching hot dogs and with bags of peanuts and cracker jacks. I saw a young man decked out in LSU gear kept glancing at us. Finally, he came over and he was very sweet with the boys. He said his first child, a boy, is 45 days old, and he can't wait to take him to the games. He asked me how hard was it to take these children to the game, etc. I gave him a pep talk. I said, "What I've learned, is if you want to indoctrinate them in anything, you have to start at around 45 days old."
      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        I echo your sentiment about LSU fans. The town was lousy with them last few days. They were proud and loud but never irritating, and always amiable. Several of them made friendly gestures. During halftime I had my boys seated on a bench outside the stadium munching hot dogs and with bags of peanuts and cracker jacks. I saw a young man decked out in LSU gear kept glancing at us. Finally, he came over and he was very sweet with the boys. He said his first child, a boy, is 45 days old, and he can't wait to take him to the games. He asked me how hard was it to take these children to the game, etc. I gave him a pep talk. I said, "What I've learned, is if you want to indoctrinate them in anything, you have to start at around 45 days old."
        Did you tell him about a way you knew his family could be together forever?
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

Did he tell you about the times when his grandpa used to take him to the games?
          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
            Did he tell you about the times when his grandpa used to take him to the games?
            I don't look a day over 40.
            When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

I don't look a day over 40.
              I would have said not a day over 39.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                I would have said not a day over 39.
                It must be nice to always look like it's your 40th birthday. I bet you get lots of free ice cream at restaurants. Annoying to have to put up with the "HappyHappyBirthday!" song all the time, though.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Working...
                X