Bradford's Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradford's Injury

Rumors out there that it's a torn rotator cuff and he's done for the year. We'll see if that's confirmed. But even if it's an AC joint sprain depending on the degree he could be out more than 2-4 weeks. I had grade 3 from snowboarding and couldn't raise my arm over my head for 4 weeks. The worse part is there is nothing you can do for it and sleeping is a bitch.

Also, you could tell it was bad, and possibly worse when he came out in the sling and his left hand was holding his right from moving or bumping his body.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle
    sigpic

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
    Rumors out there that it's a torn rotator cuff and he's done for the year. We'll see if that's confirmed. But even if it's an AC joint sprain depending on the degree he could be out more than 2-4 weeks. I had grade 3 from snowboarding and couldn't raise my arm over my head for 4 weeks. The worse part is there is nothing you can do for it and sleeping is a bitch.

Also, you could tell it was bad, and possibly worse when he came out in the sling and his left hand was holding his right from moving or bumping his body.
    Lesson learned here..... Take the money when you can get it.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
      Rumors out there that it's a torn rotator cuff and he's done for the year. We'll see if that's confirmed.
      yes, that's what they've been saying since last night. I told the Sooner fan next to me (well, across the aisle) that I thought they were fudging with the sprain story. A lot of times schools will try to pass off a serious tear as a sprain until the worst is confirmed beyond all doubt.

Comment

Steelblue and I were watching the game with a friend of ours who is a radiologist. When they announced after halftime that the x-rays were negative, he mentioned that x-rays would be pretty useless in this case.

Due to the amount of pain that he appeared to be in, there is far too much muscle guarding to get an accurate picture of the AC joint to see if there is an any separation. You can rule out a clavicular fracture, but that is about it. Clinically, you may be able to roughly diagnose an AC sprain, but the grade of the sprain won't be known until the pain is better controlled and he able to relax the shoulder enough to let gravity pull on the arm. Or until he gets some advanced imaging done.

To me, the mechanism of injury looked more like a clavicular injury (already apparently ruled out) or an AC separation (most likely). I suppose a RC tear is possible, but it would be less likely considering the way he went down.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
          Steelblue and I were watching the game with a friend of ours who is a radiologist. When they announced after halftime that the x-rays were negative, he mentioned that x-rays would be pretty useless in this case.

Due to the amount of pain that he appeared to be in, there is far too much muscle guarding to get an accurate picture of the AC joint to see if there is an any separation. You can rule out a clavicular fracture, but that is about it. Clinically, you may be able to roughly diagnose an AC sprain, but the grade of the sprain won't be known until the pain is better controlled and he able to relax the shoulder enough to let gravity pull on the arm. Or until he gets some advanced imaging done.

To me, the mechanism of injury looked more like a clavicular injury (already apparently ruled out) or an AC separation (most likely). I suppose a RC tear is possible, but it would be less likely considering the way he went down.
          I've had an AC separation. It was diagnosed via a weight-bearing x-ray.
          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Apparently Bradford is no idiot:

Only four days before he was hurt, Bradford described how he'd taken out an insurance policy after he decided to pass up the chance to be a first-round pick in this year's NFL draft and instead pursue a national championship at Oklahoma.
            http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4451139
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
              He and Colt both did. It was kind of a running joke around these parts.

Comment

The insurance only covers if he doesn't get to the NFL right? If he is a 3rd round pick and gets a $1m signing bonus instead of $40m guaranteed the insurance doesn't cover that.

I hope he is able to play well again this year.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

Didn't Brian Johnson sprain his ac joint against Oregon St. a couple of years back? Maybe that is the best case scenario for Bradford.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    The insurance only covers if he doesn't get to the NFL right? If he is a 3rd round pick and gets a $1m signing bonus instead of $40m guaranteed the insurance doesn't cover that.

I hope he is able to play well again this year.
                    I have no idea - but any sort of insurance in this case is better than nothing. In some cases, and presuming the payout is right, getting insurance and being injured could be a better financial deal than getting drafted and stinking it up (I'm looking at you, Ryan Leaf).

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      I've had an AC separation. It was diagnosed via a weight-bearing x-ray.
                      Mine was as well. You could see my shoulder jammed beneath the clavicle. My earlier point though, with a minor AC separation that would keep him our 2-4 weeks like they suggest would not require a second hand to hold it up and keep it steady like Bradford was seen doing. I hope I'm wrong. It sucks seeing guys hurt like that. But even if it is worse case scenario, AP seems to be doing fine in the NFL now.
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

Does Bradford have a redsshirt year? Would he take it or try to get a medical redshirt?
                        "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                          Does Bradford have a redsshirt year? Would he take it or try to get a medical redshirt?
                          I can't imagine why. My very uneducated impression is that AC injuries are not permanently debilitating at all - and he's already passed up a bunch of money to return once....

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                            I can't imagine why. My very uneducated impression is that AC injuries are not permanently debilitating at all - and he's already passed up a bunch of money to return once....
                            right. It's Adrian all over again.

Comment

Very sad. Hope he's ok.

Comment

Working...
                              X