crow, it's what's for dinner.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crow, it's what's for dinner.

I would post a game report, but I'm pretending like the game didn't exist. The game reeked. (I mean literally reeked. Hello, SoonerCoug? deodorant?)

I had a blast this weekend. I spent Friday with some friends. Got very soused (that part would have been helpful Saturday).

Then Saturday I got to see a few cuffers here and there. The cuffers were all awesome, except that lame-o TripletDaddy guy. In perhaps the ultimate irony, TD left the steakhouse (he had insisted that we eat at a pasta-free restaurant) without ever paying his tab. If only Archaea had been there to see it! Fortunately Nikuman covered for him and all was good.

The interaction between the BYU and OU fans was a refreshing change. I've never seen college football fans treat each other so well. We saw one drunk OU guy get hauled off, and there was one rude BYU guy who yelled at me, but other than a few aberrations like that, everybody was really friendly and positive, both before and after the game.

I got lost several times trying to navigate the Texas freeways. This was my favorite sight of the weekend:

Yes, that's right, the SIX HOUR round-trip tour was sold out. This is how they party in texas, I guess: a round-trip tour of the stockyards. woohoo! This year I think I'll skip the OU-Texas game and spring for a couple of tickets on the Grapevine express.

Babs' sister is way cool. Thought ishould mention that. I'll have more to say when I'm not driving
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
      Babs' sister is way cool. Thought I should mention that. I'll have more to say when I'm not driving
      her roommate, too.

Watch for texas HPs on your way back. They were out everywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
        The game reeked. (I mean literally reeked. Hello, SoonerCoug? deodorant?)
        A commentator on ESPN Radio, while praising the stadium overall, went on and on about how badly the place stunk at field level, and that the tunnels leading out the field were close to unbearable.

And Babs, you look great in that hat. Thanks for being such an excellent sport and fine model. Cheryl Tiegs in her prime couldn't do as much for Y apparel.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
          Babs' sister is way cool. Thought ishould mention that. I'll have more to say when I'm not driving
          Posting from Cassandra? Gutsy!
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            Posting from Cassandra? Gutsy!
            He ditched Cassandra for another girl.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
              A commentator on ESPN Radio, while praising the stadium overall, went on and on about how badly the place stunk at field level, and that the tunnels leading out the field were close to unbearable.
              The stadium was awful. Seriously. If you're there for the drinks (I felt kinda bad for the bartenders on my section, btw. I'm pretty sure I saw a tumbleweed blow past.), then you're set. But if you're actually there to watch a game: you can't hear the announcers, there's no where to see the stats, there's no updates of other games, you're lucky if you can find out how much time is on the playclock. And that's from the club seats! Color me underwhelmed, Jerryboy.

Comment

Working...
              X