Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Utah fans should be happy tonight (and why I am)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Utah fans should be happy tonight (and why I am)

I missed most of the game because I was on a plane, but during the drive home from the airport I listened to - gasp! - ESPN Radio. The host of the show was great, and said that "anyone who really knows college football" knows that the MWC is a conference on the rise and that BYU, Utah and TCU are "three of the finest football programs in the country right now." He pointed out that BYU would have to run the table to make it to the BCS and said that if they did that, they'd deserve the bid because they would have to beat Utah and TCU to get there. He mentioned the Sugar Bowl prominently and said he hopes that people "remember what has happened" when the end of the season comes. How can our conference get better props than that?

Hey, even Bronco, one of my least favorite coaches, was asked in the air what this win meant for his program, and he said time would tell about that, but that the win was important for "our league," which "deserves respect," or words pretty close to those. So good for Bronco. Maybe I will ease up on him a little . . . .

Anyway, as hard to take as some BYU fans are when they win a big one, Utah looks good here. So does TCU and the whole MWC. And we Utes have a chance to beat your Cougs at the end of the season. The rivalry game will mean a lot. So all MWC fans, and especially Ute fans, ought to be feeling just fine about BYU's fine, hard-fought victory.

BTW, Sam Bradford's injury is no excuse for OU. As the ESPN host said, Bradford didn't injure himself running onto the field, he got hit, and injuries are part of football.

OK, I am out of graciousness for this evening. Don't push me!
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

LA, why is he one of your least faves? He seems like someone you would like.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
      Don't you know. All Ute fans hate Bronco
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
        There are many reasons. It's mainly the sanctimony. You may need to get to know me better.
        “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
        ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
        -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
        --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
        X