National coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National coverage

Don't concern yourselves over the props BYU does, or doesn't, get from the national media. Just enjoy your win, BYU fans. I've watched a few national analysts (see Holtz and May) that didn't even mention BYU when reviewing the game tonight. Ignore it. Simply enjoy.

Utah proved last year, win the games and the respect will come. The MWC is looking up right now, other than Vs. not being on DTV anymore.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

ESPN's College Football home page currently shows Max in the pocket with the headline, "Hall of a Game!"

Comment

Originally posted by 8BR View Post
        Don't concern yourselves over the props BYU does, or doesn't, get from the national media. Just enjoy your win, BYU fans. I've watched a few national analysts (see Holtz and May) that didn't even mention BYU when reviewing the game tonight. Ignore it. Simply enjoy.
        The thrill is winning the game, I care less than SeattleUte's latest gall stone what anyone thinks of the game.

What I will always remember is how Andrew Rich made my nipples feel.
        Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
        -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
        -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
          The thrill is winning the game, I care less than SeattleUte's latest gall stone what anyone thinks of the game.

I place the over/under on Napper mentioning Rich and his nipples at about 15....before midnight.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Our group thought it was pretty funny that Holtz could comment on an upset like that without mentioning the team that actually won.
            I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

The thrill is winning the game
              Moments like the last five minutes of that game are what make CFB so great.

Comment

Agreed. Worrying about what other people think was a distraction last year. Celebrate tonight and start prepping for Tulane. Take care of business.

Comment

They also gave BYU some love. Well, May did. I couldn't understand what Holtz was saying. I think he was talking about ND some more.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                    I place the over/under on Napper mentioning Rich and his nipples at about 15....before midnight.
                    He was thinking of me, he forced a fumble for each one....I am thinking of drinking some depleted uranium for the U game and let him go all 3 knocker "Total Recall" on U folks!
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Dr. Saturday...

The narrative will focus on Bradford's absence in the second half, which isn't entirely fair to the Cougars: BYU was outgaining the Sooners in a tie game when Bradford left, and finished with a nearly 100-yard advantage in total yards on a half-yard more per snap. Realistically, the score could have been worse, given the opportunities the Cougars left on the field with a missed field goal, a fumble inside the Sooner red zone and two punts with the ball in Oklahoma territory.
                      http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...n=ncaaf,187483

Comment

If the national media focuses on Bradford getting hurt rather than BYU winning I am perfectly okay with that. The last thing we need is this team to start reading press clippings about themselves.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/12166742

CBS sports give BYU and the MWC some serious love,

1. The Team Of The Day: BYU
                          Beat No. 3 Oklahoma 14-13.
                          As we all saw last year in the Utah Sugar Bowl runaway of Alabama and again Saturday night in the BYU-Oklahoma game, there isn't much difference between the best Mountain West teams and the BCS bigwigs from the SEC and Big 12. Max Hall was 7 of 8 in the game-winning drive and converted two third-and-longs and a fourth-and-4. Put him in the Heisman mix. It was BYU's first win over a top five team since it beat No. 1 Miami in 1991.
                          And one final thought ...
                          How about if we let the Mountain West into the BCS and kick the Big East out?
                          There were zero teams from the Big East in the Top 25 going into this weekend. The MWC has owned the BCS snobs of late. Hey, it's just a thought here. I'm just sayin'.
                          One more article, the drive for five VEGAS BOWLS, still alive!
                          http://espn.go.com/college-football/...on=2009&week=1
                          Last edited by HuskyFreeNorthwest; 09-06-2009, 01:04 PM.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                          X