Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today means nothing if we pull a TCU next week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today means nothing if we pull a TCU next week.

In 2005 TCU knocks off Oklahoma in their season opener. They follow that up with a stinker at a horrible SMU the next week. TCU went undefeated the rest of the year, but lost out on the BCS because of the SMU debacle. BYU can't let Tulane be our SMU.
    A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Who was it BYU lost to right after beating Miami in '90? Was it a very beatable Oregon team? Either way, can't let it happen.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
      In 2005 TCU knocks off Oklahoma in their season opener. They follow that up with a stinker at a horrible SMU the next week. TCU went undefeated the rest of the year, but lost out on the BCS because of the SMU debacle. BYU can't let Tulane be our SMU.
      I'm counting on comparisons to 1984 i.e beating a 3rd ranked team on the road.

No doubt it is tough playing on the road a second week that far away.

Tulane didn't look very good last night though. I guess neither did SMU back in the day.

Comment

I hope our team has learned from the "Quest for Perfection" mentality they had last year. What I mean by that is, I'm hoping this year they really understand and appreciate that they have to PROVE IT on the field each week. I just hope they have a focused, one-game-at-a-time mentality. Hopefully we are humbled from last year, hungry, and focused on next's weeks opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
          I hope our team has learned from the "Quest for Perfection" mentality they had last year. What I mean by that is, I'm hoping this year they really understand and appreciate that they have to PROVE IT on the field each week. I just hope they have a focused, one-game-at-a-time mentality. Hopefully we are humbled from last year, hungry, and focused on next's weeks opponent.
          I hope so too. You have to get up every week. Among the many things I respect about UM, I was watching Florida today and how hyped up they were to beat the Sisters of Mercy U or who the hellever they played. You can laugh at it, but that is the way you win every week.

Comment

Working...
          X