USC looks pretty good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USC looks pretty good

They have so much talent in their backfield it isn't even funny or fair. Johnson, McKnight, Alan Bradford all scored TDs today. McKnights run was particularly impressive.

Barkley looked solid though it is easy to look good when your job is hand it to one of the ten backs int their backfield.

Mark Tyler with a 64 yard run where he ran probably 100 yards zig zagging across. Looks like Pete wants 4 backs to score TDs today.

Based on their first games, USC looks like they have more than a decent shot v. tOSH nxt week.

Slow 1st, but when USC gets rolling it is harder to stop than anyone else in the country. Unreal how that game went from 3-0 SJSU looking like they might push them to a blow out in 4 possessions.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

USC is ridiculous. After the first couple of series I was thinking that next week's game with OSU would be a good one. OSU should be scared. Their second team is running all over SJSU.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
        They have so much talent in their backfield it isn't even funny or fair. Johnson, McKnight, Alan Bradford all scored TDs today. McKnights run was particularly impressive.

Barkley looked solid though it is easy to look good when your job is hand it to one of the ten backs int their backfield.

Mark Tyler with a 64 yard run where he ran probably 100 yards zig zagging across. Looks like Pete wants 4 backs to score TDs today.

Based on their first games, USC looks like they have more than a decent shot v. tOSH nxt week.
        The offensive and defensive lines were ridiculous as well. Based on what we saw today, even at Ohio St, USC should take care of the Buckeyes without too much trouble.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
          The offensive and defensive lines were ridiculous as well. Based on what we saw today, even at Ohio St, USC should take care of the Buckeyes without too much trouble.
          Based on what we saw today. However, I think we all know next week will probably be a different story. tOSU will be ready... but I still think USC will win.

Comment

When I heard Barkley was starting, I figured we'd see a steady diet of leads, sweeps, and play-action rollouts from USC. That's exactly what we saw.

Only a few teams in the era of reduced scholarships can get away with that brand of boring football, but USC is one of them. Great athletes on defense, a stable full of stud tailbacks, a beastly offensive line, and a freshman QB ... they'd be stupid not to take the game out of the QB's hands and let all the other guys go win games until the QB gets up to speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
              Based on what we saw today. However, I think we all know next week will probably be a different story. tOSU will be ready... but I still think USC will win.
              And Ohio St should at least test Barkley.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
              X