PDA

View Full Version : False Starts

DrumNFeather
11-15-2008, 04:06 PM
What are the chances the Utah D-Line late shifts will cause false starts?

Follow up: What are the chances Anae complains about it?

Sizzle
11-15-2008, 04:53 PM
What are the chances the Utah D-Line late shifts will cause false starts?

Follow up: What are the chances Anae complains about it?

There is a huge difference between line shifts and calling out signals to simulate the snap, which it appears that AFA was doing. I would be pissed if I was Anae too.

DrumNFeather
11-15-2008, 05:27 PM
There is a huge difference between line shifts and calling out signals to simulate the snap, which it appears that AFA was doing. I would be pissed if I was Anae too.

I was actually surprised when the announcers said that the Cougars were one of the most penalized teams in the country...all the false starts were not as surprising when I saw that stat. I do think that the line shifts and crowd noise might cause some problems.

cougjunkie
11-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Line shifts have not caused BYU problems at all this year. When you run 90% of your snaps in a 2 point stance you should never false start. What was causing problems was the air force players simulating the snap of the football by calling out fake cadences. That is not only illegal but cheap.

Brian
11-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Line shifts have not caused BYU problems at all this year. When you run 90% of your snaps in a 2 point stance you should never false start. What was causing problems was the air force players simulating the snap of the football by calling out fake cadences. That is not only illegal but cheap.

what exactly is calling a fake cadence?

DrumNFeather
11-15-2008, 05:47 PM

From the school of cutblocks you should not be surprised!

cougjunkie
11-15-2008, 05:49 PM
what exactly is calling a fake cadence?

Essentially simulating the start of the play by yelling out "hut hut" and other variations. As you do it you flinch to try and get the O-line to move.

SteelBlue
11-15-2008, 06:07 PM
Essentially simulating the start of the play by yelling out "hut hut" and other variations. As you do it you flinch to try and get the O-line to move.

Why were the refs having such a hard time catching them?

Brian
11-15-2008, 07:36 PM

why is this illegal?