BSU-Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSU-Oregon

So, I fell asleep watching the game last night and missed the WWE show that broke out afterwards. But I saw the replay.

I am hearing people call for Blount's indefinite suspension. I think that's probably right.

But if I'm Chris Peterson, I'm suspending (or at least kicking the ass of) the jackass who started the jawing too. Smack is fine, and I'm well aware of what happens on the field, but after it's over there's no reason to get up in somebody's face. He absolutely should have expected to get cold-cocked. He created the situation.

To his credit, Peterson looked like he was trying to prevent the entire thing.
    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

[YOUTUBE]KvqNHXq0WTM[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Yeah that's one of those situations where you see someone taunting another player and you think "man, someone should just cold cock him." He dropped like Bisbing when he got hit.

I should also mention that I DO think the Oregon player was out of line and got out of control, but agree with Niku that the BSU guy shouldn't be taunting him. An the fans are just assholes most of the time.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

I agree with that. I thought that it was pretty low for the BSU guy to be acting like that and then, Whammy! That guy is unstable. I thought his own teammates were going to throw down with him. I would not be surprised for the BSU guy to get a 1 gamer, but Blount is going to get handed his hat. Nice senior season.

This, while nice and all, is not going to cut it,

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=444...goryid=2564308

PS, can we embed this video? I only know how to embed the youtube.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
          Yeah that's one of those situations where you see someone taunting another player and you think "man, someone should just cold cock him." He dropped like Bisbing when he got hit.

I should also mention that I DO think the Oregon player was out of line and got out of control, but agree with Niku that the BSU guy shouldn't be taunting him. An the fans are just assholes most of the time.
          Yeah. Out at midfield after a game...guy taunts him....then basically got what he asked for. No sympathy for the BSU player. He ought to sit a game for his role in that. The sucker punch is bad and should cost him a game or two but I think you can even forgive that.

I want to see better footage of him trying to go after fans. The fact that he does that and has to be restrained by police all the way to the locker room is the more serious part of this, IMO. His actions in that regard would, IMO, support and indefinite suspension from the team. A momentary heated mistake is more forgivable then him deciding at that point that he going to show his ass and take all comers including his teammates, the fans, coaches and police.

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
            Yeah. Out at midfield after a game...guy taunts him....then basically got what he asked for. No sympathy for the BSU player. He ought to sit a game for his role in that. The sucker punch is bad and should cost him a game or two but I think you can even forgive that.

I want to see better footage of him trying to go after fans. The fact that he does that and has to be restrained by police all the way to the locker room is the more serious part of this, IMO. His actions in that regard would, IMO, support and indefinite suspension from the team. A momentary heated mistake is more forgivable then him deciding at that point that he going to show his ass and take all comers including his teammates, the fans, coaches and police.
            Does anyone know if he is their starting RB? This could put him out for the Utah game

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Does anyone know if he is their starting RB? This could put him out for the Utah game
              Yes, he is the starting RB.

Comment

http://cfn.scout.com/2/877935.html

Comment

So do you think the new coach is a little nervous about the upcoming year?

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    So do you think the new coach is a little nervous about the upcoming year?
                    If things go south for Oregon, I think Mike Belloti is back on the sideline next season.

Comment

Cold-cocking the BSU player was just fine and the BSU player deserved it. At best, he should have received a one game suspension. The problem occurred after that incident where he appeared to go after players on his own team and then crossed the Artest line and tried to go into the stands. That guy is clearly out of control and he should be gone for at least half the season.

If his running abilities were half of his apparent punching ability, he would have ran for 100 yards instead of -8. Judging by last night's performance, I don't think a Blount suspension represents a big loss for Oregon
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I honestly think that there is another potential message here. Fans should shut the heck up when a player is about 5 feet away from them and upset at the end of a really bad game.

You wouldn't behave that way anywhere else, so just because you now are sitting inside a stadium instead of outside doesn't mean that you should expect a different result. I am not saying that players should not be expected to compose themselves, but I actually thought it was funny on the replays....look at some of those guys in the white t-shirts....they were yelling and seemed pretty confident of themselves when they thought they were untouchable. The second they realized that this guy was going to come beat their a**, they shut up very quickly and even backed away, scared or somewhat shocked.

There is an element of sportsmanship that is expected from players, coaches, and fans. I am not calling for an end to taunts or booing. I am saying that if you are going to be 5 feet from a player that just lost and harassing him, then don't be surprised if that guy loses his cool and punches you in the face.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Fans may be assholes most of the time, but as an athlete you need to learn to tune them out. For the most part, I think what Blount did in undefensable. In my eyes the Boise players earned the right to talk after the game, especially after his comments during the week and the way they shut him down. In no way is throwing a punch there deserved in my opinion.

Now, I do agree going afterfans is far worse and should be where the bulk of his suspension should come from. What an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I honestly think that there is another potential message here. Fans should shut the heck up when a player is about 5 feet away from them and upset at the end of a really bad game.
                            Boise State fans seem to be extra-boorish in this regards.

Comment

And why was my thread not good enough Niku? Are you afraid of an imminent beat down so you are resorting to mind games? It isn't gonna work buddy.

Comment

Working...
                              X