3D, say what you will re my abuse of my alma mater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D, say what you will re my abuse of my alma mater

I'm the only Ute fan in the Fox bar tonight. I singlehandedly comandeered one of their suite of screens for Utah-Utah St.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

I went to a local sports bar with a Ute fan buddy of mine (I went mainly to see the Bengals-Colts game) and we were heckled a little bit for insisting on the Ute game. The horrible mtn broadcast stuck out like a sore thumb amidst the crystal clear HD feeds of MLB, CFB, and NFL games. It looked like a local access channel broadcasting a high school football game, especially with the hokey commercial with the two announcers riding on a scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      I went to a local sports bar with a Ute fan buddy of mine (I went mainly to see the Bengals-Colts game) and we were heckled a little bit for insisting on the Ute game. The horrible mtn broadcast stuck out like a sore thumb amidst the crystal clear HD feeds of MLB, CFB, and NFL games. It looked like a local access channel broadcasting a high school football game, especially with the hokey commercial with the two announcers riding on a scooter.
      Sure you did.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
        I'm the only Ute fan in the Fox bar tonight. I singlehandedly comandeered one of their suite of screens for Utah-Utah St.
        I am proud of you for doing this. I really am. Good for you.

I would feel better if you wouldn't insist on watching all these games by yourself, though.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

The place is full of imbecilic LSU fans. Their alien chants. I'm getting psyched for Sark's debut.
          When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            I am proud of you for doing this. I really am. Good for you.

I would feel better if you wouldn't insist on watching all these games by yourself, though.
            I'm the man without a country.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

So was Kurt Vonnegut.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Sure you did.
                What are you implying?

Comment

I was watching the game on my own, in sports bar on the Eastside.

You may have been by yourself, but you were not alone, my Ute brother.

Comment

I watched the second half alone at a sports bar in chicago. The first half was with an Indian guy who works for me.
                    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

At least your country didn't just get burned to the ground.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                      X