Utah vs Utah State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah vs Utah State

Aggies moving the ball well first drive.

Aggies looking a lot better than I'd expected

Comment

uh oh.

Comment

Wow. I don't think Utah will have the horses to come back in a hurry if they get down too much. They better buck up.
        Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Nice stand after the fumble. Utes need to wake up quickly before the Aggies start capitalizing on these mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
            Wow. I don't think Utah will have the horses to come back in a hurry if they get down too much. They better buck up.
            And...I misspoke.
            Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Cain is Able!

Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

Cain is the man.

Comment

Game on.

Comment

I would like to thank the Utes for getting this game over before the Boise St. game starts, so I don't have to flip back and forth. Watching the mtn makes me think I need to go get my eyes checked.

Uh...never mind.

Comment

Aggies hanging in there, but they can't stop anything, so the upset ain't happening.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                        Aggies hanging in there, but they can't stop anything, so the upset ain't happening.
                        Yeah, I was expecting a little more out of Gary and a little less out of Cain.
                        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Weird first half. Utes did well on their first few drives and then started acting like it was the first game of the season. Sloppy sloppy sloppy.
                          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Here is my breakdown.

OFFENSE

A ton of Asiata, no surprise. He is definitely quicker on his feet with the weight loss.

Cain. Good debut. A few overthrows, the pick was a force but not a bad ball. he is smooth and has some quicks on his feet. As long as he improves through the year, the offense will be fine.

recievers. tons of YAC. If Asiata forces teams to stack the box, these guys are going to run wild on short passes. DB's better be able to tackle or your team will struggle.

DEFENSE

Some real questions. they gave up 176 yards on 3 plays and 166 on the other 57. Excellent on 3rd down with several batted balls. the LB's were overpursuing on the run and giving up plenty of cutbacks. the DB's weren't really tested because USU's QB was under alot of pressure.

SPECIAL TEAMS

Solid game. matthews has a chance to be an excellent PR. Sellwood hit some booming punts and Vroman was solid. We will see how he does in a late game pressure situation.

Overall, plenty to work on. It is hard to guage the game as it was USU. Cain was good enough for Ute Nation to give a big sigh.
                            "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                            X