The Ol' Ball Coach and South Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ol' Ball Coach and South Carolina

Do any of you know anything about South Carolina? Is Spurrier going to have a QB this year? I keep waiting for Spurrier's Cocks to explode and have a great season, but his offense has always had crap at QB (read: Smelley).

Perhaps Junkie is the only CUFer who can answer, but I thought I throw it out to all first anyway.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Do any of you know anything about South Carolina? Is Spurrier going to have a QB this year? I keep waiting for Spurrier's Cocks to explode and have a great season, but his offense has always had crap at QB (read: Smelley).

Perhaps Junkie is the only CUFer who can answer, but I thought I throw it out to all first anyway.
    I think age may have caught up with Spurrier. Maybe 71 can opine, does age make the exploding any less frequent? You seem to be a similar age as the ball coach, what do you think of his 'Cocks?

Comment

Only if they keep it up long enough and not explode prematurely.
      "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
        Only if they keep it up long enough and not explode prematurely.
        I think, with a better QB, they would be much more effective coming from behind as well.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

I think, with a better QB, they would be much more effective coming from behind as well.
          All they need is a tight end that can split the seam easily.
          "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
            All they need is a tight end that can split the seam easily.
            It isn't that simple. There has to be a lot of setup work in order for a play like that to work. If you try to go deep up the seam right off the bat, you're more than likely not going to succeed. A solid gameplan with some misdirection usually works wonders to open seams up.

Comment

I don't see much exploding of Mr. Spurrier's 'Cocks in the future. He exploded for a decade in the SEC and now when he makes a pass people are ready for it.
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

I don't know how the Cocks were underdogs tonight, Spurrier has only lost 1 opener as a college coach and that was at Duke. Free money tonight!
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

My head is buzzing reading this thread. I can't tell if everything I read is innuendo, or if I've just got a dirty mind
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

'Cocks trying to punch it in and get stonewalled, coming away with nothing.

Sure looks like no explosion for Spurriers 'Cocks tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      My head is buzzing reading this thread.
                      You're just excited that Football is finally here. It's normal to feel that way.

Comment

Working...
                      X