Jake Heaps how refreshing....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Heaps how refreshing....

I will say this, I’m a kid that’s not going to go on a mission. If there is a time where I feel like I need to go then I’ll go, but my feeling right now is I’m not going to go. I have a great opportunity to come in and compete and be a part of BYU stands for.
    This is good to hear.
    *Banned*

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    This is good to hear.
    Where is this posted? (Fingers crossed that it's the DesNews).

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
      I think Junkies comments were posted on CougarUteforum.com, but I doubt he will be looked upon as an official authority where it in the Deseret News.
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

That is awesome. Good for him, esp if you wind up not sucking.

Score one for the Anti-Missions for Blue Chippers Club!
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          That is awesome. Good for him, esp if you wind up not sucking.

Score one for the Anti-Missions for Blue Chippers Club!
          We are SC!
          *Banned*

Comment

We are SC!
            That's right.

SC supports the LDS creed: every member that can't play Div 1 football a missionary!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Active LDS Ute fans: How do you square this with your belief that the LDS Church and BYU are not the same thing? In other words, "Griff Robles, you went to Utah so you have to go on a mission as penance. Had you gone to BYU you would have gotten a pass; in fact you would have been honored in not going." Honestly, I find this logic unassailable, especially since the LDS Church holds title to BYU and they share the same leaders!

EDIT: Active LDS Ute fans.
              Last edited by SeattleUte; 08-31-2009, 04:28 PM.
              When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                Active LDS Ute fans: How do you square this with your belief that the LDS Church and BYU are not the same thing? In other words, "Griff Robles, you went to Utah so you have to go on a mission as penance. Had you gone to BYU you would have gotten a pass; in fact you would have been honored in not going." Honestly, I find this logic unassailable, especially since the LDS Church holds title to BYU and they share the same leaders!

I endorse this post.
                That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
                  I endorse this post.
                  you can't love the LDS Church and hate BYU.
                  When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Did you mean "active LDS Ute fans" or active LDS Ute fans. I have never seen an "active LDS Ute fan" on this board.

Comment

I love this kid already. I felt a burning in my bosom as I read that quote.

Comment

This is good to hear.
                        Jake knows where his bread is buttered. And it aint in the mission field!!!
                        I'm like LeBron James.
                        -mpfunk

Comment

Heaps v. Nelson & Munns will be an interesting battle. As an ALUF, my faith is riding on one of the RMs getting the job.
                          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                            He called a press conference at Skybox. Weren't you there?

Comment

I think missions are more important than football or any other collegiate sport. Reasons: (1) BYU is the Church school, (2) BYU exists only because of the Church, and (3) every advantage BYU has in the world (fan support, disproportionately high-quality student body, etc.) results exclusively from its Church sponsorship. I think when BYU coaches recruit LDS athletes, they should look for kids who want to go on missions and when a kid is wavering over the decision, BYU athletics ought to encourage the kid to go, or at the very least stay out of the kid's decision.

But that's just me. I have a hunch this will be an unpopular position on this board. So be it. I am prepared to take my licks. Bring it on.
                              Last edited by LA Ute; 08-31-2009, 08:51 PM.
                              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Working...
                              X