Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Games I'm scheduled to attend this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games I'm scheduled to attend this year.

I think I'll be seeing better football teams than most of y'all except Babs and 3D.

UW v. LSU

UW v. USC

UW v. Oregon

Re Utah v. Oregon, I'm waiting to see how I feel the week before. If the Utes lose either of their first two, definitely not. I'll travel down there and buy a scalped ticket if I'm really really excited.

It's my lot that my two favorite teams are coached by BYU alumni.
    When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
    I think I'll be seeing better football teams than most of y'all except Babs and 3D.

UW v. LSU

UW v. USC

UW v. Oregon

Re Utah v. Oregon, I'm waiting to see how I feel the week before. If the Utes lose either of their first two, definitely not. I'll travel down there and buy a scalped ticket if I'm really really excited.

BYU vs. Oklahoma
    Ohio State vs. USC

I'm good for the year... ;-)

Comment

I get to go to BYU and Idaho State. I'm kind of ashamed of the Idaho State game. It doesn't seem fair. Kinda like making out with the drunk girl at the party -- sure you're going to score, but you feel pretty guilty in the morning.

Comment

Re Utah v. Oregon, I'm waiting to see how I feel the week before. If the Utes lose either of their first two, definitely not.
        That's the spirit!
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Incidentally, SU, I had no idea you were so much the Husky. I'm thinking those are going to be three awfully long games for UW.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
            I get to go to BYU and Idaho State. I'm kind of ashamed of the Idaho State game. It doesn't seem fair. Kinda like making out with the drunk girl at the party -- sure you're going to score, but you feel pretty guilty in the morning.
            Tell us more about your successes with drunk girls and parties. I'm sure i'm not the only interested.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Similar to SU and the Oregon game, I'm in "wait and see" mode for the BYU/Utah game. I'm not worried about the U's performance going into the game, I'm waiting to see if ticket prices drop after BYU loses to OU and FSU.
              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Incidentally, SU, I had no idea you were so much the Husky. I'm thinking those are going to be three awfully long games for UW.
                UW is the neighborhood team. I used to go to Seahawks games but I've sworn off pro sports except for baseball, which is on probation. My team is too far away. Actually the Huskies have a huge following like me. I hear season ticket holders say all the time stuff like a client said to me just last week, "I went to USC but I've lived here for x years." And these are outstanding games!

The capper is my sons are old enough to go. I like to park in a spot where I have to cut through the lovely campus to get to the stadium. We can discuss the spectacular gothic buildings, various disciplines of study, get the blood flowing, visit the huge fountain in the center of campus. They can see the joyous well-scrubbed and tatooless students. It's the right mix. I've already told them they likely won't see the Huskies win this year, that these are very good teams, and the Huskies are rebuilding.
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

SU needs to change his name to SH. He'd much rather watch UW lose 3 games than Utah play at all. Speaks volumes.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                    SU needs to change his name to SH. He'd much rather watch UW lose 3 games than Utah play at all. Speaks volumes.
                    I live 15 minutes from Husky Stadium

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                      What it comes down to is that he'd much rather watch UW lose 3 games than watch Utah lose once.
                      Last edited by Donuthole; 08-31-2009, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I'm kind of ashamed of the Idaho State game. It doesn't seem fair. Kinda like making out with the drunk girl at the party -- sure you're going to score, but you feel pretty guilty in the morning.
                        Oh no you din't. We were gonna take it easy on you, but it's on now.

Comment

UW v. LSU

UW v. USC

UW v. Oregon

That is a nice home schedule, SeattleUte. What about Kal? Or do the Huskies travel to Berkeley for that one?

UW has such a beautiful campus and setting. I think it is cool that you are taking your sons. Although it is lame to talk to your kids about gothic architecture on your way from the car to the stadium. You should be teaching them about football. Save the humanities chat for the walk back to the car, so that they can process the inevitable disappointment that is bound to ensue all season long.

ps I find your attitude towards your alma mater to be an abomination, and I am no Ute fan. If the Utes are playing in Oregon, you make the drive down there to support the team. I can give you a pass (somewhat) for not flying to the SUGAR BOWL. I can't issue a pass for skipping a relatively short drive to Eugene. There is no excuse.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag View Post
                            Oh no you din't. We were gonna take it easy on you, but it's on now.

maybe BYU will have us good and banged up for you. That might keep it within, um, fifty?

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                              ps I find your attitude towards your alma mater to be an abomination, and I am no Ute fan. If the Utes are playing in Oregon, you make the drive down there to support the team. I can give you a pass (somewhat) for not flying to the SUGAR BOWL. I can't issue a pass for skipping a relatively short drive to Eugene. There is no excuse.
                              In a real sense, Eugene is as far from Seattle as LA from Seattle. Can I expect you at the USC game?

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Working...
                              X