Statman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statman

Used to be a regular on CB - but banned back in Jan/Feb with a 100 year sentence. With the season approaching, I felt the urge to discuss / collaborate / commiserate on Cougar Football once again. Politics, church stuff, economics, etc. are bonus material.

I wish the economy was better. I'd quit my job in a second. I work for a big bank - I've worked for big banks for the last 12 years - in Credit Risk management.

I'm a life-long member of the Church. Not a Utah native, although I live in Lehi now. I served a mission in Germany, been married to one woman for 22 years, have three children, with a 15 year gap between #2 & #3. And I'm flying to Austin on Thursday to visit family and to personally witness BYU's all-time-most-important victory.

Oh - and I over-use ellipses...

As a fellow abuser of ellipses I say... welcome!

Comment

I actually thought about you the other day...

when I bought a deep fryer. Wings will once again be on the away-game-day menu. Ribs, pulled pork, and wings.

I thought about Mike Waters too. And my mother-in-law not letting him into my house because she thought he looked "unanstaendig."

I thought he was anstaendig enough...

Comment

The game is not in Austin.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

And yet I'm flying there...

A quandary...

Comment

Welcome. Tell us more about these wings. I have no idea what anstaending means.
            Get confident, stupid
            -landpoke

Comment

good to see you here. what were you banned for at CB?

oh, and I'd avoid starting posts with partial sentences in the titles. The format of the forum makes it tough to follow what you're saying. It took me three reads to realize that you had expressed something in the title line
              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

About 7 or 8 years ago...

I was living in DFW and got to know Mike Waters through CB.

Most weeks during the football season he made the trek to my house to watch Cougar Football.

I used to make wings when he came over.

One week he brought Robin Finderson with him.

A few days ago I saw a deep fryer on clearance at WalMart.

Memories of Mike and Robin and wings flooded over me and I did purchase the fryer...

BTW - The best wings recipe:

1) DEEP FRY the wings in peanut oil until they have attained the desired crispness (baked or breaded wings are an ABOMINATION).
                2) When you take the wings fro the fryer, drain them and coat them in a sauce made from equal parts of a) Franks Red Hot sauce and b) melted butter.

That is all...
                Last edited by statman; 08-28-2009, 09:34 PM. Reason: misspelling

Comment

Whoa! You had both Mike Waters and Robin Finderson in the same room together? Awesome.
                  "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

Welcome statman.

Here is your initiatory question. Who is better at stats? You, Jay Santos or IndyCoug?

Comment

Not using partial sentences will take some getting used to.

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                      what were you banned for at CB?
                      Arguing with EJ about a moderator. An unnamed moderator banned me several times because he disagreed with my political POV - not because I said anything offensive, except to his political sensibilities. EJ and I had a series of emails in which things ... escalated. A 100 year ban was the result.

I'm sure if I made-nice I could get back on there. But I've kept it going for 6+ months, so why grovel now?

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                        Welcome statman.

Who is better at stats? You, Jay Santos or IndyCoug?
                        Answer - I have absolutely no idea...

Comment

Originally posted by statman View Post
                          Answer - I have absolutely no idea...

The correct answer is Jay Santos.

Comment

did it escalate to an ultimatum? what did you tell him that earned the ban? It must have been something pretty over the top.
                            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Whoa! You had both Mike Waters and Robin Finderson in the same room together? Awesome.
                              Yes he did. And while I have found myself disagreeing with many of statman's political views over the years, sometimes vehemently, I've only had to reflect back for a moment on BYU and chicken wings to be reminded of the man's generosity and common decency. El Jefe's loss is a fine catch for CUF.

Comment

Working...
                              X