Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OL recruit Gifford Timothy committs to Clemson

From Jay Drew on Twitter:

Towering offensive lineman Gifford Timothy of Delaware, a one-time "silent" BYU football commit, has committed to play for Clemson.

Originally posted by scottie View Post
    From Jay Drew on Twitter:

Towering offensive lineman Gifford Timothy of Delaware, a one-time "silent" BYU football commit, has committed to play for Clemson.
    BYU struck out big time with this kid.
    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
      What is the back story?

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        LOL. Name one OL we signed that is clearly worse than him.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
          LOL. Name one OL we signed that is clearly worse than him.
          LOL
          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

So let me get this right.... BYU's lowest rated OL commit is Jordan Black - a 3 star 69th rated lineman nationally and Gifford Timothy is a 2 star OL 112th rated nationally and we struck out "big time"?

Yeah, we really screwed the pooch on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
              What is the back story?
              He was a silent/soft commit, but kept his recruiting open after his commitment to the Cougars. Bronco didn't like that and pulled the offer.

Others can correct me if I have misheard.
              "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
                He was a silent/soft commit, but kept his recruiting open after his commitment to the Cougars. Bronco didn't like that and pulled the offer.

Others can correct me if I have misheard.
                I the smallest nutshell, he wouldn't 100% commit and BYU had better prospects who would. Thus, they weren't going to hold a spot for him with bigger fish knocking on the door.

Comment

So let me get this right.... BYU's lowest rated OL commit is Jordan Black - a 3 star 69th rated lineman nationally and Gifford Timothy is a 2 star OL 112th rated nationally and we struck out "big time"?

Well jackass, I am going off what I was personally told by 2 individuals that I have a ton of respect for and know a little bit more about what it takes to be an O lineman at the college level then scout.com. Take it for what it worths. From what I was told, BYU struck out on this one.
                  Last edited by Hot Lunch; 08-28-2009, 08:23 AM.
                  "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Straight from a coaches mouth they thought this kid was a huge prospect and going to be a serious player at the next level. HL can confirm.
                    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Straight from a coaches mouth they thought this kid was a huge prospect and going to be a serious player at the next level. HL can confirm.
                      The question is whether or not he was a significantly better prospect than the commits we have for this year?

Comment

The question is whether or not he was a significantly better prospect than the commits we have for this year?
                        Per this coach he was as good an O-line prospect as he has seen in quite some time. The problem was the kid has Marv Marinovich as a father.
                        *Banned*

Comment

From what I was told...... Yes he is. He was the #1 O lineman that they wanted and from they way they talked about the kid they made him sound like he was better than the O lineman they recruited coming out of High School over the past couple of years.

I will say this, the conversation I had took place at the end of Spring Ball before they found Tayo.
                          "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

So does this open up another scholarship or was this guy not counted in the total commits so far this year?
                            "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
                            —Abraham Maslow

Comment

Originally posted by WashingtonCoug View Post
                              So does this open up another scholarship or was this guy not counted in the total commits so far this year?
                              That spot was already filled.

Comment

Working...
                              X