Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indiana vs Penn St. to play in Redskins Stadium.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indiana vs Penn St. to play in Redskins Stadium.

Interesting:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...A.html?sid=101

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
    Gotta get that 8th home game some way or another, since the Nittany Lions play at Alabama in 2010.
    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Indiana is the "home" team here and will make more money playing at FedEx with tons of PSU alums in the area than they would have playing at home.
      "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
        Indiana is the "home" team here and will make more money playing at FedEx with tons of PSU alums in the area than they would have playing at home.
        I was talking about the advantage of a friendly crowd. DC is less than a 4 hour drive from PSU.
        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
          I was talking about the advantage of a friendly crowd. DC is less than a 4 hour drive from PSU.
          Right. It's a good situation for both teams.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Does anyone really care about Big 10 football? It is like watching paint dry.
            "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
              Rich Rodriguez will change that...

Comment

Amen. The worst thing about moving away to Indiana, then to Colorado and then to Pennsylvania is that I've subjected myself twice to being in Big 10 football country.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

It's like watching ugly paint dry, HL.

Comment

It's like watching ugly paint dry, HL.
                    Solon, I will say the only team in the Big 10 I will watch outside of the one game when the Men of Troy kick the shit out of the Buckeyes is Penn St. They have a few players that make the game somewhat interesting to watch.
                    "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

LOL. Now THAT'S funny..

Did you hear how is actually thinking about using a 3 QB system this year..

He said "I think it will be neat".. He actually threw out a "Neat" comment.

He was getting roasted here in Columbus, but when is a UM coach not getting roasted here.. ;-)

Comment

Solon, I will say the only team in the Big 10 I will watch outside of the one game when the Men of Troy kick the shit out of the Buckeyes is Penn St. They have a few players that make the game somewhat interesting to watch.
                        I'll be at that game... Hopefully my attendance records holds true (Season Ticketholder 2002)

It's a night game so it is going to be fun..

I feel pretty lucky this year to be able to go to to two games..

I get to go to BYU vs. Oklahoma in the Luxury Box suite next week and then to Ohio St. vs USC the next week..

Comment

They've had some great LB's here during my stay - Paul Posluszny, Dan Connor, Sean Lee. Royster is the real deal at RB.

But the arrogance of the fans and local press after whipping up on Youngstown State or Akron is too much for me to handle. PSU has only two or three strong, meaningful road wins in the past 5 seasons - and none has been at Michigan or in Columbus - but they're still saying "national championship" with regards to this upcoming season.

We'll see, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                            I'll be at that game... Hopefully my attendance records holds true (Season Ticketholder 2002)

It's a night game so it is going to be fun..

I feel pretty lucky this year to be able to go to to two games..

I get to go to BYU vs. Oklahoma in the Luxury Box suite next week and then to Ohio St. vs USC the next week..
                            Triplet daddy is doing the same thing, maybe you guys can meet up.
                            *Banned*

Comment

- but they're still saying "national championship" with regards to this upcoming season.

We'll see, I guess.
                              I guess they have forgotten that Florida brings back their entire D and I think 8 starters on offense up in Happy Valley.
                              "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Working...
                              X