Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misi out indefinitely, Fotu to start.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...-misis-absence

Kyle now saying Misi is out indefinitely with his back injury, specifically that he is questionable for USU and probable for SJSU. Reading between the lines, I hear Kyle saying that they hope his back gets better but really have no clue how long that might take. For anyone who has ever had a back injury, there is just no telling.

No doubt that Utah has the depth to compensate, but I don't think you just plug someone in a replace a guy like Misi. It has to hurt us some.

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...-misis-absenceNo doubt that Utah has the depth to compensate, but I don't think you just plug someone in a replace a guy like Misi. It has to hurt us some.
    So USU might actually get into field goal range?
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
      So USU might actually get into field goal range?
      I may be completely wrong and I still think Utah is going to win but I think the USU/Utah game will be closer than many think. I thought this before Misi was hurt and it makes me think it even more now.

Utah is starting a QB that hasn't taken a snap at the D-1 level. Coach Anderson is a damn good coach and knows everything about the Utah team and this is Utah St's bowl game. Their emotions will be out of there mind for that game.
      "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
        I may be completely wrong and I still think Utah is going to win but I think the USU/Utah game will be closer than many think. I thought this before Misi was hurt and it makes me think it even more now.

Utah is starting a QB that hasn't taken a snap at the D-1 level. Coach Anderson is a damn good coach and knows everything about the Utah team and this is Utah St's bowl game. Their emotions will be out of there mind for that game.
        I think this will be close in the way that BYU/USU last year was close. You know within 20 points. Just enough for those stupid aggies to start cheering overrated.
        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
        -Turtle
        sigpic

Comment

Can you imagine the absolute melt down by ute fan if they lost to USU?

The police would be busy in SLC that night, talking people off the ledges of the hotels, lifting the bodies off the shower racks, and arresting the arsonists burning their cars and couches in the streets.

Please God, can it happen??
          Let's get on with the gettin' on....

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post

I don't expect the game to be close. Gary Anderson is a very good defensive coordinator, but he has nothing to work with at Utah St. Despite the fact that Anderson is a good coach, he will be gone in 3-4 years because Utah St is not going to be good. Name me a single state the size of Utah that has shown the ability to support 3 successful DIA football programs.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
              I don't expect the game to be close. Gary Anderson is a very good defensive coordinator, but he has nothing to work with at Utah St. Despite the fact that Anderson is a good coach, he will be gone in 3-4 years because Utah St is not going to be good. Name me a single state the size of Utah that has shown the ability to support 3 successful DIA football programs.
              Well name another state the size of Utah that even has 3 D-1 teams.
              *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                Name me a single state the size of Utah that has shown the ability to support 3 successful DIA football programs.
                If Colorado, Oklahoma, & Mississippi can pull it off, daggummit, so can we.

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                  Dayummm! Nice.
                  At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                  -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

I suspect that ESPN's data is a bit out of date. Although, I do expect Misi to miss the Utah State game. The Utes can beat USU without him, so why expose him to more injury.

Frankly, I gotta think that Whit is playing a bit coy to keep Anderson guessing. Misi is someone you have to plan for if he is in the game, and if anyone knows that, it's Anderson and Whit.

U-Ute

Comment

I think Utah will turn the ball over early with a new quarterback, and it will be fairly low scoring at the half. 13-3 or along those lines. In the 2nd half Utahs defense will take over and force a few turnovers giving the offense a short field and Utah will end up winning pretty handily.
                      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                        [url]
                        No doubt that Utah has the depth to compensate, but I don't think you just plug someone in a replace a guy like Misi. It has to hurt us some.

I think they'll be just fine with Nai Fotu. He's underrated, IMHO.

Plus, it tickles me that if you say his name with native slanginess, it is pronounced "Foku."

Comment

Originally posted by The Wankster View Post
                          Can you imagine the absolute melt down by ute fan if they lost to USU?

The police would be busy in SLC that night, talking people off the ledges of the hotels, lifting the bodies off the shower racks, and arresting the arsonists burning their cars and couches in the streets.

Please God, can it happen??
                          See, it's posts like these that lead me to make snap judgments about a poster, something I try to avoid.

Of course it would be a rough loss, but it wouldn't be the end of the world (few things are).

I'd imagine the dejection would be about inversely proportional to the euphoria Ute fans felt on the night of Jan. 2. But, then again, a lot of you posters don't know what that felt like. Let's just say it's pretty good - like blocking a FG to beat 6-6 UCLA in the LV Bowl - only better.
                          "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                          -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by beelzebabette View Post
                            I would hardly consider Colorado state, air force and Colorado all successful. Same with Tulsa in the Oklahoma category. At least not consistently. Mississippi may be different. Maybe. I'd have to look for results for the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                              I would hardly consider Colorado state, air force and Colorado all successful. Same with Tulsa in the Oklahoma category. At least not consistently. Mississippi may be different. Maybe. I'd have to look for results for the past few years.
                              They are all more successful then Utah State.
                              *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                              X