• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fight On! SC, Buckeyes in 3D

http://www.latimes.com/sports/colleg...,2573154.story

This sounds really interesting.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

So if they can do this in Cowboy stadium will we actually need to look at the field?
    "To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail."
    —Abraham Maslow

Comment

LOS ANGELES--Fans can watch the live ESPN telecast of the Sept. 12 USC football game at Ohio State in 3D for free at USC’s Galen Center.
      Free tickets to the 5 p.m. PDT Galen Center showing are available at:
      --this Saturday’s USC football intrasquad scrimmage at the Coliseum (pick up inside Gate 4 from noon to 3 p.m.);
      --the Sept. 5 USC home game against San Jose State (pick up at Fanfest outside the Coliseum peristyle prior to the 12:30 p.m. kickoff);
      --the Sept. 3 and 4 USC women’s volleyball matches at the Galen Center (pick up at the box office from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.);
      --Heritage Hall (pick up is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays beginning Aug. 25);
      --the USC Ticket Office from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays.

The 3D version of the game also will be shown for free in theaters in Columbus, Ohio, Hartford, Conn. and Hurst, Texas (near Dallas).
      The game will also be televised in standard definition and high definition on ESPN and ESPN HD, respectively.

The production will be ESPN’s first 3D telecast distributed to fans in more than two years of testing, supplying further research for ESPN as it continues to develop the best practices for utilizing the technology in live game applications. It will provide ESPN the ability to evaluate workflow operations, 3D camera positioning, transmission changes and fan reaction to a 3D telecast versus a 2D.

ESPN will employ separate production trucks, technical crews and on-air commentators for the 3D and 2D productions. Mark Jones and Bob Davie will announce the 3D game, while Brent Musburger, Kirk Herbstreit and Lisa Salters will work the telecast on ESPN and ESPN HD.
      ESPN will utilize the following technical elements during this production: first use of true stereoscopic graphics in a 3D telecast; seven 3D cameras to capture game action with access to 2D cameras; and various display types and transport mechanisms for 3D viewing, including cinema projection, large-scale arena viewing, and consumer LCD sized monitors.
      “With more than two years of rigorous 3D research at various game sites, ESPN is taking the opportunity to integrate 3D testing in a live game telecast,” said Anthony Bailey, vice president, emerging technologies, ESPN. “The results of this research will enable ESPN to quantify what it takes to produce, transmit and enable the 3D experience for our fans.”

sigpic

Comment

Meh. We all know what espn really thinks of the game... They aren't even sending Erin Andrews.

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
          Meh. We all know what espn really thinks of the game... They aren't even sending Erin Andrews.
          I heard she was going to be out promoting her new movie.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
            She still is having nightmares from being molested by Maualuga
            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              Sounds cool, but 3D movies always give me headaches..

We'll see if Ohio St. will give me one anyway..

Comment

Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                Sounds cool, but 3D movies always give me headaches..

We'll see if Ohio St. will give me one anyway..
                Making excuses already, I see.

Are you going to the game?

I would look at the positive: the Buckeyes can only improve from last year's performance. 3 points is a pretty low hurdle to surpass.

sigpic

Comment

Making excuses already, I see.

Are you going to the game?

I would look at the positive: the Buckeyes can only improve from last year's performance. 3 points is a pretty low hurdle to surpass.

Yeah I will be at the Game..

No excuses. Just reality. I have no idea if this team is going to be good. I went to the open practice this week and it left much to desire. Of course it was practice and they were not going 100%. We do not have a good RB core right now (At least that I know of, they are all very green, even those who have been around have had injuries). Pryor is very good and he looked very good but he was jogging around and did not turn on the motor at all. Although he looked fast. I think he will be expected to do a lot this year. Defense. Lost most important starters and are even down another starter (Moeller) due to his head injury when he was cold cocked by a Florida fan down in Florida..

So yes. I see them losing possibly twice. USC, Penn St. and maybe even Illini (My dark horse this year)

But they could easily pull a 2002 when everyone thought they were supposed to rebuild..

Comment

No excuses. Just reality. I have no idea if this team is going to be good. I went to the open practice this week and it left much to desire. Of course it was practice and they were not going 100%. We do not have a good RB core right now (At least that I know of, they are all very green, even those who have been around have had injuries). Pryor is very good and he looked very good but he was jogging around and did not turn on the motor at all. Although he looked fast. I think he will be expected to do a lot this year. Defense. Lost most important starters and are even down another starter (Moeller) due to his head injury when he was cold cocked by a Florida fan down in Florida..

So yes. I see them losing possibly twice. USC, Penn St. and maybe even Illini (My dark horse this year)

But they could easily pull a 2002 when everyone thought they were supposed to rebuild..
                    If a team is not going 100% in practice then they will most likely not go 100% in games.
                    *Banned*

Comment

I am going as well. My brother and I are heading out for that one. Should be good. Any suggestions on pre-game stuff? What do luckeye fans do the night before the game or day of? Any pep rallies, band concerts, etc that visiting fans should check out?

What about the O-Line? I thought there were some question marks there. DIdn't some kid get hurt recently (not the Florida head punch)? Armstead? I had heard that parts of the line caved during practice against the pass-rush, giving up something like 6 sacks. Yikes.

I think Everson Griffin is going to go wild against osu if the buckeye line performs as it has in practice.

sigpic

Comment

Lost most important starters and are even down another starter (Moeller) due to his head injury when he was cold cocked by a Florida fan down in Florida..
                        What is the story behind this? This dude was in Florida and they knew he played for tOSU and got the dude?
                        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I am going as well. My brother and I are heading out for that one. Should be good. Any suggestions on pre-game stuff? What do luckeye fans do the night before the game or day of? Any pep rallies, band concerts, etc that visiting fans should check out?

What about the O-Line? I thought there were some question marks there. DIdn't some kid get hurt recently (not the Florida head punch)? Armstead? I had heard that parts of the line caved during practice against the pass-rush, giving up something like 6 sacks. Yikes.

I think Everson Griffin is going to go wild against osu if the buckeye line performs as it has in practice.
                          I thought Armstead was the kid from SC that got hurt? D-lineman?
                          *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                            I thought Armstead was the kid from SC that got hurt? D-lineman?
                            yeah, my typing skills. I meant that he was going to match up opposite armstead, so there was some crazy coincidence that both guys got hurt. Could be just a rumor. armstead broke his foot when someone stepped on it or something like that.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
                              What is the story behind this? This dude was in Florida and they knew he played for tOSU and got the dude?
                              Here you go: He was in Florida to celebrate his Grandparents anniversary or something and went to "Gators" which is a Bar in Treasure Island, FL.

Link to report:
                              http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...9.html?sid=101

Link to Photo of his head etc:
                              http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...A.html?sid=101

Further information about Assault:
                              http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...J.html?sid=101

Eye Witness information (And info of crazy Ohio State fans taking the Low Road on this):
                              http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2009/0...-surfaces.html

TampaBay Article on this as well;
                              http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...sucker/1029179

Comment

Working...
                              X