Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou Holtz predicts Florida vs. Notre Dame in championship game

[YOUTUBE]cw5JmGCKNLY[/YOUTUBE]

Every second this loser gets on ESPN reduces my opinion of the network.

Um, no. Notre dame in the championship game? Unlikely.

Comment

I think it is more likely that Notre Dame doesn't even make a BCS bowl again.
      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Fight On SC. I have a hard time thinking Notre Dame will get past the men of Troy. They have a cupcake schedule that is for sure but the won't beat SC.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

He said Notre Dame was a legit top 12 team then he said "Who is going to beat them?"
          *Banned*

Comment

Lou Holtz is an old homer. He pimps ND any chance he gets. ESPN probably added him so they could at least get some of the ND viewers that NBC was getting. His analysis is on par with that of a 12-yr-old. He is living (kinda) proof that former coaches don't make great analysts just because they were coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Lunch View Post
              Fight On SC. I have a hard time thinking Notre Dame will get past the men of Troy. They have a cupcake schedule that is for sure but the won't beat SC.
              It is an odd year, so they do face SC in South Bend. I am hoping that Weis busts out the green jerseys again. That trick has worked really well for them the last several times.

Lou Holtz basically owned SC during his tenure. It wasn't even close. But he never....EVER....passes up a chance to tweak them when he can, even to this day. "Southern Cal." crazy old codger.

sigpic

Comment

Lou has more national championships then everybody else on this board combined and he makes some valid points but I see ND losing to Michigan, MSU, USC, Pittsburgh and Stanford. Why does ND play Washington State in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                  Lou has more national championships then everybody else on this board combined and he makes some valid points but I see ND losing to Michigan, MSU, USC, Pittsburgh and Stanford. Why does ND play Washington State in Texas?
                  I am not even convinced they will beat Purdue, frankly.

Notre Dame has a LOT of question marks...no real established team leadership, an unproven quarterback, an unproven running back, a coach that has been under fire since Day 1 and who's job is on the line, and perhaps the most delusional fan base in all of college football. I am not sure why all of these issues get resolved this season all at once.

That Irish bowl win in Hawaii was a nice step in the right direction, but I think a lot of these honks are getting carried away.

The last time SC played in South Bend, a youngster named Mark Sanchez came in to fill the spot created when John David Booty got hurt.

The time before that, the country saw one of the most exciting games of the past few decades: The Bush Push ended on the last play of the game.

If Holtz wants to know who will beat Notre Dame, here is his answer: USC.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by woot View Post
                    [YOUTUBE]cw5JmGCKNLY[/YOUTUBE]

Every second this loser gets on ESPN reduces my opinion of the network.
                    Lou Holtz is a bastard.

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

Weis has lost seven straight games to Top 10 teams and is 1-10 against teams that finished the season in the Top 25. He has never beaten a team that finished with fewer than four losses. Those damning statistics, along with two straight home losses to Navy and a loss to a bad Syracuse team last year, have put Weis back on the same hot seat he occupied most of last season.
                      http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...lege+Sports%29
                      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

They were showing TCU and Texas's stats a vs b blind to ask which was more deserving. W-L, SOS, wins against top 25, MOV, etc. TCU was clearly more deserving based on the stats they showed. Holtz says "I'd need to know know the names of the teams to know the psychological factor." LOL

Comment

Working...
                        X