Unknown stars 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown stars 2009

Who is a guy that you like/know about that maybe the rest of us aren't in on that is going to be fun to watch. I don't really know the ins and outs of the BYU/Utah roster anymore, so it would be nice to get something that would make me look smart when talking with guys at church over the next couple weeks.

Two guys that I think are going to be good for Oregon this year are
    LaMichael James RSFr RB. Thoughts are that he will be Oregon's version of Jacquizz Rodgers. He has had some good moments in camp so far, I am excited to see him next week at practice.

Bryson Littlejohn Jr/JC trans LB. If he can pick up what is allegedly a complicated system that Oregon runs defensively (I don't know what can be so complicated about giving up career passing days to every opponent) he will play a lot and has been impressive so far in camp.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I am hearing really good things about De'Von Flournoy, receiver at SC. He is only a freshman, but allegedly has made plays in camp. If he can play, Pete will play him. Excited to see what he can do.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I don't know that I would call these picks "stars" per se, but they'll have positive roles on successful teams.

Luke Matthews for Utah. He'll more than likely be the 2nd or 3rd WR for Utah this year.

I've spent a lot of time paying attention to Alabama this offseason, so I'll throw out Erik Anders (linebacker) and Marquis Maze (receiver), two guys who played reserve roles last year that will be productive this year.
      "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
      "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
        I don't know that I would call these picks "stars" per se, but they'll have positive roles on successful teams.

Luke Matthews for Utah. He'll more than likely be the 2nd or 3rd WR for Utah this year.

I've spent a lot of time paying attention to Alabama this offseason, so I'll throw out Erik Anders (linebacker) and Marquis Maze (receiver), two guys who played reserve roles last year that will be productive this year.
        Is Matthews having a better fall camp than Aiona Key? I haven't heard much or read much about Key this fall.
        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

For BYU I think it will be Brett Thompson and possibly as a returner JD Falslev, Falslev is a walk-on but he is very quick and shifty and has looked great returning kicks.
          *Banned*

Comment

Add Shaky Smithson to that list as well. I think he's a guy that they'll need to get on the field.

I'll also throw out Kenrick Moei (sp?) RS Freshmen TE for the Utes.

Defensively, Dave Kruger could be surprisingly productive this year.
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
              Who is a guy that you like/know about that maybe the rest of us aren't in on that is going to be fun to watch. I don't really know the ins and outs of the BYU/Utah roster anymore, so it would be nice to get something that would make me look smart when talking with guys at church over the next couple weeks.

LaMichael James RSFr RB. Thoughts are that he will be Oregon's version of Jacquizz Rodgers. He has had some good moments in camp so far, I am excited to see him next week at practice.

Bryson Littlejohn Jr/JC trans LB. If he can pick up what is allegedly a complicated system that Oregon runs defensively (I don't know what can be so complicated about giving up career passing days to every opponent) he will play a lot and has been impressive so far in camp.
              While the overall secondary is weak, I think the Scottie Johnson move is smart and he'll have a breakout year. He's smart as hell (of course...we share the same DNA), has enough speed and is a headhunter. He reminds me of Eric Bergeson of days past...undersized and a bit slow but very smart and aggressive...went on to the NFL if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                While the overall secondary is weak, I think the Scottie Johnson move is smart and he'll have a breakout year. He's smart as hell (of course...we share the same DNA), has enough speed and is a headhunter. He reminds me of Eric Bergeson of days past...undersized and a bit slow but very smart and aggressive...went on to the NFL if I remember correctly.
                Scott Johnson is a 3 year starter not really an unknown.
                *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                  Scott Johnson is a 3 year starter not really an unknown.
                  True, but he's not a star. I think he could be in his new position.

Comment

Bam!
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

Un-Bam!

But 1 for 2 isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                        Un-Bam!

But 1 for 2 isn't bad.
                        I thought you were a hero until that post.
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

Eryk Anders: 44 tackles (4th on the team), 4 sacks (2nd on the team)
                          Marquis Maze: 25 receptions (t-2nd on the team), 423 yards (2nd), 2 TD's
                          Luke Matthews: 6 receptions, 88 yards; 17 punt returns, 172 yards

BTW nice call on James, HFN.
                          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Eryk Anders: 44 tackles (4th on the team), 4 sacks (2nd on the team)
                            Marquis Maze: 25 receptions (t-2nd on the team), 423 yards (2nd), 2 TD's
                            Luke Matthews: 6 receptions, 88 yards; 17 punt returns, 172 yards

BTW nice call on James, HFN.
                            2 out of 3 is no bad.
                            *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              2 out of 3 is no bad.
                              [YOUTUBE]p_Tf2lQvDz0[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Working...
                              X