X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP Poll Out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankin...easonYear=2009

Utah #19, BYU #20.

Oregon is like 16, FSU 18, TCU 17, Boise 14.
    Last edited by Babs; 08-22-2009, 09:25 AM. Reason: added link to poll
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

And still no sighting of the Big East. (Pitt is "also receiving votes")
    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post

clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
        Focusing solely on the Top 4....

SC is scheduled to play 4 of the teams currently on this Top 25 list: Notre Dame, Oregon, Cal, and Ohio State. All 4 of those games are on the road. And, per tradition, SC plays no D-2 schools but does open with San Jose State.

Oklahoma plays 5: BYU, Texas, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma State. 2 are neutral site games, 2 are road games, 1 is a home game. They play Idaho State.

Texas is scheduled to play 3: Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and Kansas. One neutral site, one road, one home. It is playing Louisiana Monroe and University of Central Florida.

Florida is scheduled to play 3: LSU, Georgia, and Florida State. 1 roadie, 2 home games. It is also playing Florida International, Troy, and Charleston Southern (lol).

Of the 4 schools, total games to be played away from home stadium this season:

SC: 6
        OU: 5
        Texas: 6
        Florida: 4

Again we see that the SEC's path to the National Championship game has some nice advantages.
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
          And still no sighting of the Big East. (Pitt is "also receiving votes")
          Craig James said on College football live yesterday that he put Cincy #12

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
            They play Idaho State.
            yeah, we lost two games when we scheduled BYU, and Idaho State was the only one we could pick up to replace the other game. So I hope you guys appreciate this. Oklahoma may schedule USU and Middle Tennessee, but we don't schedule div IAA. Ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
              Craig James said on College football live yesterday that he put Cincy #12
              Cincinnati was pretty good last year.

Comment

yeah, we lost two games when we scheduled BYU, and Idaho State was the only one we could pick up to replace the other game. So I hope you guys appreciate this. Oklahoma may schedule USU and Middle Tennessee, but we don't schedule div IAA. Ever.
                is Oklahoma on that list? I honestly don't know. There are allegedly 4 or 5 schools of the 119 or so that have never played a D-2 school since the D-2 was organized in the 70s. I know SC is one of them.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                  is Oklahoma on that list? I honestly don't know. There are allegedly 4 or 5 schools of the 119 or so that have never played a D-2 school since the D-2 was organized in the 70s. I know SC is one of them.
                  No, I'm sure it's not. I meant recently never, not never never.

Comment

No, I'm sure it's not. I meant recently never, not never never.
                    On the bright side, my dad's so indignant about the scheduling that he refuses to go to the game, so I get his ticket.

Comment

An AP voter in Georgia voted Utah higher than Oklahoma.

http://pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pol...=0&v=1&w=1&r=V

Comment

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
                        An AP voter in Georgia voted Utah higher than Oklahoma.

http://pollspeak.com/pollstalker/pol...=0&v=1&w=1&r=V
                        He basically used his post-season ballot from last year. He only changed the last few teams. He's probably one of the growing number of pundits who thinks we should axe preseason polls altogether.

Comment

Craig James is the best, he has Cincinnati at 12 and Clemson at 13. I like him because his very existence tells me that I'm not the dumbest college football fan out there.

Comment

Herbie seems to like BYU, #17 in his poll. Surprised he doesn't have Utah at all. Fowler loving the MWC this year, TCU 19, Utah 20 and BYU 24.
                            Get confident, stupid
                            -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                              Herbie seems to like BYU, #17 in his poll. Surprised he doesn't have Utah at all. Fowler loving the MWC this year, TCU 19, Utah 20 and BYU 24.
                              Herbie got confused a lot last year. When he found himself defending the Utes, he'd quickly changed course and say something negative.

Comment

Working...
                              X