Collinsworth # 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collinsworth # 2

Interesting read on the Provo High - Pleasant Grove matchup.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...269431,00.html

Now, I understand that the state of Utah has 3 legitimate blue chip recruits this year in Haws, Davies and Wilcox. Will the younger Collinsworth be better than all of these 3?

Collinsworth has lead his team to beat Haws', who also has a tall project on his club that BYU has signed so they have two D1 bound seniors, Lone Peak squad and Wilcox's, who has his marginal D1 brother as a jr point guard, Pleasant Grove team. Granted Collinsworth has Davies on his squad but Davies seems to routinely get into foul trouble and miss major portions of games. It just seems to me that this youngest Collinsworth is leading his team to be the best club in the state at present and is outdueling the top two seniors at present.

Anybody seen all these kids play and care to comment. But from my view I am amazed at the amount of genuine talent coming out of Utah County recently. Jackson Emery, Tai Wesley, Tyler Newbold, Chris Collinsworth, Brandon Davies, Austin Haws, CJ Wilcox and now Collinsworth # 2. Jackson graduated in 2005 and Collinsworth should in 2010. In six years that is 8 kids that are appearing to be legitimately good college prospects, and I know I missed a few as I think at least one went to Fresno State and Iowa State each. This is not your Nate Cooper's Utah County.
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    Interesting read on the Provo High - Pleasant Grove matchup.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1...269431,00.html

Now, I understand that the state of Utah has 3 legitimate blue chip recruits this year in Haws, Davies and Wilcox. Will the younger Collinsworth be better than all of these 3?

Collinsworth has lead his team to beat Haws', who also has a tall project on his club that BYU has signed so they have two D1 bound seniors, Lone Peak squad and Wilcox's, who has his marginal D1 brother as a jr point guard, Pleasant Grove team. Granted Collinsworth has Davies on his squad but Davies seems to routinely get into foul trouble and miss major portions of games. It just seems to me that this youngest Collinsworth is leading his team to be the best club in the state at present and is outdueling the top two seniors at present.

Anybody seen all these kids play and care to comment. But from my view I am amazed at the amount of genuine talent coming out of Utah County recently. Jackson Emery, Tai Wesley, Tyler Newbold, Chris Collinsworth, Brandon Davies, Austin Haws, CJ Wilcox and now Collinsworth # 2. Jackson graduated in 2005 and Collinsworth should in 2010. In six years that is 8 kids that are appearing to be legitimately good college prospects, and I know I missed a few as I think at least one went to Fresno State and Iowa State each. This is not your Nate Cooper's Utah County.
    Kyle Collinsworth will be in my opinion better than everyone else on your list. Also the Hamilton kid from Lonepeak went to Iowa State and I can think of the other kids name but it always makes me laugh went to Fresno State.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Kyle Collinsworth will be in my opinion better than everyone else on your list. Also the Hamilton kid from Lonepeak went to Iowa State and I can think of the other kids name but it always makes me laugh went to Fresno State.
      Fresno State's recruit was Mitchell P. Funk...or something like that.

I am really impressed at the legitimate athletic kids coming out of Utah County. Haws, Newbold, Emery, Davies, both Collinsworths and Wilcox, these are not your average stiffs.

I think BYU hoops has a pretty solid future of athletic players and I am impressed that the core will consist of home grown Utah County kids. Not shooters who provide great leadership because they are older and experienced like Sam Burgess, but kids like Emery, Haws, Davies or the Collinsworths who can get up and down the court.
      Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
      -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
      -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Fresno State's recruit was Mitchell P. Funk...or something like that.
        It was actually Mitchell P. Funk's distant cousin, Bracken Funk. Bracken's dad Randy played college ball up at Utah State during the Jerry Tarkanian/Larry Johnson UNLV era, and may be best known for the right cross he bounced off Stacy Augmon's nose. I guess Bracken blew out his knee during his Junior year, and because of that, didn't get looked at too seriously by the in-state schools. I worked with Randy for several years, and that guy can still seriously ball for a guy in his 40s.

Comment

Younger Collinsworth was much more impressive to me than Davies when I saw them play last year. My nephew spent a large part of the game guarding Collinsworth and he said that he was the second best player he played all of last year, after Haws (they did not play Wilcox).

Davies did not seem terribly devloped as a player and is going to have to get much, much stronger to be a factor.

Comment

Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
            Younger Collinsworth was much more impressive to me than Davies when I saw them play last year. My nephew spent a large part of the game guarding Collinsworth and he said that he was the second best player he played all of last year, after Haws (they did not play Wilcox).

Davies did not seem terribly devloped as a player and is going to have to get much, much stronger to be a factor.
            I've only seen Davies twice and have come away very much unimpressed. Even early this year, the kid just doesn't produce like he should based on how touted he's been.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              I've only seen Davies twice and have come away very much unimpressed. Even early this year, the kid just doesn't produce like he should based on how touted he's been.
              I agree. I did not see significant ball skills, a developed offensive game more than 5 feet away from the hoop, or a soft touch.

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                I completely agree, but during the summer tournaments against the best players in the country he was putting up 25 and 12 every night. So maybe its the system he is in.
                *Banned*

Comment

I completely agree, but during the summer tournaments against the best players in the country he was putting up 25 and 12 every night. So maybe its the system he is in.
                  Good point. That system makes it very difficult to put up numbers. And it is hell to watch.

Comment

Working...
                  X