Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louks to Nevada

From the SLTRIB
    Utah quarterback Corbin Louks will not have a second career as a secondary player for the Utes.

Louks, who was bumped down to the Utes' No. 3 quarterback last week, will transfer to Nevada, The Salt Lake Tribune has learned. The junior signal-caller did not participate in Tuesday's scrimmage, and is presumed to be en route to Reno, where he will enroll in classes, then redshirt for the Wolf Pack.

Louks was the only Utah quarterback with any game experience heading into the 2009 season and was presumed to be the QB candidate to beat. But he was unable to win the job outright during spring drills, then was demoted to No. 3 last week, behind true freshman Jordan Wynn and junior college transfer Terrance Cain.

Louks initially expressed shock at his demotion, but then said he was open to playing in the secondary -- a spot he last played in high school.

All the best to Louks.

While I wish he'd stayed, I certainly understand why he is leaving.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

BYU plays Nevada next year in Provo, so I guess we will get to see him again...maybe.

Comment

Working...
      X