Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bronco Mendenall: Crazy, Stupid or a remarkable combination of both?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bronco Mendenall: Crazy, Stupid or a remarkable combination of both?

"What's the difference between Notre Dame's history and BYU's history?" Mendenhall asked. "Why do they have an automatic bid and why doesn't BYU? If you look at storied programs and tradition, where is that line drawn? BYU's success over time would equal or exceed any automatic qualifying school in the country."
    CBS Sports story

Good hell, how do you guys live with this buffoon?
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
    CBS Sports story

Same reason your parents live with you.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      Same reason your parents live with you.
      Hey, I live with my parents. Let's get that straight.
      "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
      "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
      "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

CBS Sports story

I'd rather a coach/AD oversell us nationally than undersell. No big deal.

Comment

CBS Sports story

I think Kyle voted the Utes number 1 last year. Accusations of buffoonery abounded.

Bronco would be a great addition to this site. He would make the other trollers on here look like rank novices. I would guess the good folks on Utefan.com are beside themselves right now.

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
            I think Kyle voted the Utes number 1 last year. Accusations of buffoonery abounded.
            A lot of intelligent people agreed with Kyle. I think Bronco's alone on this one.

Comment

A lot of intelligent people agreed with Kyle.
              No fair plagiarizing SU and not giving him credit.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

W-L record since advent of BCS in 1998

BYU: 87-51
                Notre Dame: 78-56

Notre Dame just barely broke a 14 year bowl winning drought.
                Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

A lot of intelligent people agreed with Kyle. I think Bronco's alone on this one.
                  I don't think ND deserves an automatic birth into the BCS, do you?

Comment

CBS Sports story

I don't live with Bronco.
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

BYU = 1 National Championship:

Notre Dame = 11 consensus National Championships (+ 2 possibles):

1924, 1929, 1930, 1943, 1946, 1947, 1949, 1966, 1973, 1977, 1988.

The two possibles are 1938 and 1953. In 1938, 8-1 Notre Dame was awarded the national championship by the Dickinson System, while Texas Christian (which finished 11-0) was awarded the championship by the Associated Press. In the 1953 season, an undefeated Notre Dame team (9-0-1) was named national champion by every major selector except the AP and UPI (Coaches) polls, where the Irish finished second in both to 10-1 Maryland. As Notre Dame has a policy of only recognizing AP and Coaches Poll national championships post-1936, the school does not officially recognize the 1953 national championship.

Even if we discount everything before LaVelle, as only the small-minded care about seasons older than 40 years, its still 3 to 1 in favor of the Irish.

Thanks for playing Bronco.
                      Col. Klink: "Staff officers are so clever."
                      Gen. Burkhalter: "Klink, I am a staff officer."
                      Col. Klink: "I didn't mean you sir, you're not clever."

Comment

Originally posted by USS Utah View Post

The two possibles are 1938 and 1953. In 1938, 8-1 Notre Dame was awarded the national championship by the Dickinson System, while Texas Christian (which finished 11-0) was awarded the championship by the Associated Press. In the 1953 season, an undefeated Notre Dame team (9-0-1) was named national champion by every major selector except the AP and UPI (Coaches) polls, where the Irish finished second in both to 10-1 Maryland. As Notre Dame has a policy of only recognizing AP and Coaches Poll national championships post-1936, the school does not officially recognize the 1953 national championship.

Even if we discount everything before LaVelle, as only the small-minded care about seasons older than 40 years, its still 3 to 1 in favor of the Irish.

Also, thanks for playing, Utes vs BYU Cougars.

1 National Championship is better than zero!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                          W-L record since advent of BCS in 1998

BYU: 87-51
                          Notre Dame: 78-56

Notre Dame just barely broke a 14 year bowl winning drought.
                          BYU has 17 outright conference championships while the Irish only have 11 outright national championships. Maybe you are right.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Utah View Post

And yet you same Ute fans think Utah should be mentioned in the same breath as BYU. BYU 1 NC, Utah none. I guess you buffoons will stop talking about Utah and BYU as equals.

Comment

With each Ute poster that brings up national championships as the measuring stick, this thread gets better and better.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X