ESPN writers make preseason bowl predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN writers make preseason bowl predictions

They foresee Boise State/Oklahoma II in the Fiesta, and BYU heading to Loo-zeeana to face Hotty Toddy.

Picks

Originally posted by Fiyero View Post
    They foresee Boise State/Oklahoma II in the Fiesta, and BYU heading to Loo-zeeana to face Hotty Toddy.

Picks
    holy bcs buster, batman! They're suggesting that teams from BOTH the MWC and WAC will make the BCS?

Comment

Had TCU beaten Utah, their only loss last year would have been to Oklahoma. They would have been in the top 8 or so in the BCS rankings, if I guess correctly. They would have gotten the automatic qualifier over Boise State.

If BYU were to lose to Oklahoma but then run the tables (including victories over a ranked FSU and TCU, and maybe even Utah), they'd be at least top ten.

I don't know that two mid majors will crack the BCS except under extraordinary circumstances, though. And I don't think these are extraordinary enough.
      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Although, I do like the idea of a rematch in Arizona . . .

And look at Mark Schlabach's predictions. Ouch.
        τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
          holy bcs buster, batman! They're suggesting that teams from BOTH the MWC and WAC will make the BCS?
          In a year that ND will likely get in? Not gonna happen.
          Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Ole Miss ain't gonna get there. They're the popular pick to contend in the SEC, which means they'll probably end up with 3 or 4 Ls.
            "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
              Ole Miss ain't gonna get there. They're the popular pick to contend in the SEC, which means they'll probably end up with 3 or 4 Ls.
              They have a ridiculous schedule this year, but they also have a two-game losing streak to Vanderbilt.

My guess is they score a minor upset and beat LSU, but lose to Alabama and Auburn.
              "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
              "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

The thought of N'awlins full of Cougar fans does give one pause . . . .
                “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                  Thankfully, we won't have to witness Bishop Johnson walking down Bourbon St.

BYU is enormously overrated for 2009. Unfortunately, it will take a bunch of Okies to show just how out-of-their-league my beloved Cougars really are.

BYU has an ok chance for the MWC, but TCU is my pick. CSU is a bit of a darkhorse in my mind. I think the Utes have a shot, too, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                    They are scheduled to play in the Superdome September 12th.
                    "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                    "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
                      They are scheduled to play in the Superdome September 12th.
                      Good point. The thought of Cougar fans filling up New Orleans twice in one se season gives one even more pause.
                      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                      -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                      --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                        BYU has an ok chance for the MWC, but TCU is my pick.
                        me too. I was really (really) impressed last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          me too. I was really (really) impressed last year.
                          They have the best coach in the MWC and good old fashioned speed from the Texas talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
                            They have the best coach in the MWC and good old fashioned speed from the Texas talent.
                            Best coach?
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                              Best coach?
                              That's not saying much...with our shitty football coach/great motivational speaker Bronco "good guy" Mendenhall and Kyle McCrowthingham at the U...but yes, I think he's the best. Who do you think is better?

Comment

Working...
                              X