CUF running club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CUF running club

I have to attribute this idea to cowboy, but he got me thinking after his mention of CUF singlets yesterday. What kind of interest would there be in organizing a sort of CUF running club? Obviously we're all spread out across the country, but how cool would it be to get some nice tech shirts printed up with a CUF logo and post photos wearing the club shirt at any races we do, or even just when you go for a run somewhere interesting? I think it would be kind of cool. Possibly once a year we could designate a race as the club's "goal race" and as many as could make it could meet somewhere and do the race.

I was a part of something similar to this. I used to belong to a message board devoted to the Las Vegas marathon, and a bunch of us committed to running 21 straight Vegas marathons (Vegas...21...get it?). We formed a club called the LVM 21, which I unfortunately ceased membership in when the race became a complete mess. So much for my committment.
    http://www.lvm21.com

I would be willing to give some time to the cause. What kinds of features or benefits would people like to see if we did something like this?

And just for the record, I would probably just put my name on my shirt, not my board moniker.

I see. Being afraid that runners will lose the distance challenge, you are taking your worn sneakers and going to your own little clubhouse. I shoudl have guessed. Kind of sad, really.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
      I see. Being afraid that runners will lose the distance challenge, you are taking your worn sneakers and going to your own little clubhouse. I shoudl have guessed. Kind of sad, really.
      creekster, let's call a truce. I would like to invite you to be a charter member of the club. We will, after all, need someone to hold the water while we run.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag View Post
        creekster, let's call a truce. I would like to invite you to be a charter member of the club. We will, after all, need someone to hold the water while we run.
        I would love to join the club as long as you all will take up a collection for my knee replacement surgeries.

I am just kidding, of ocurse. I think it is a great idea. No truce needed. Indeed, it made me think we might want to get some CUF jerseys. I know Voler (whose jerseys us wide body guys can appreciate) has a design it yourself option that is porett affordable for small group orders. But I wont go on as this has nothign to do with your thread, which is a good plan.

Oh, I do hold my water very well, btw.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I am just kidding, of ocurse. I think it is a great idea.
          Haha, I know. I have a good time going back and forth with you. I would use this guy more to convey my sarcasm:, but it's so damn uncool!

Comment

I would love to join the club as long as you all will take up a collection for my knee replacement surgeries.

I am just kidding, of ocurse. I think it is a great idea. No truce needed. Indeed, it made me think we might want to get some CUF jerseys. I know Voler (whose jerseys us wide body guys can appreciate) has a design it yourself option that is porett affordable for small group orders. But I wont go on as this has nothign to do with your thread, which is a good plan.

Oh, I do hold my water very well, btw.
            I don't understand all the fuss ... go to walmart pick up some three packs of Hanes tagless tank tops (preferably in black) and write CUF on the front (or maybe a CUF iron on).

Comment

Originally posted by pelagius View Post
              I don't understand all the fuss ... go to walmart pick up some three packs of Hanes tagless tank tops (preferably in black) and write CUF on the front (or maybe a CUF iron on).
              Ahhh! My nipples!

Originally posted by Teenage Dirtbag View Post
              I have to attribute this idea to cowboy, but he got me thinking after his mention of CUF singlets yesterday. What kind of interest would there be in organizing a sort of CUF running club? Obviously we're all spread out across the country, but how cool would it be to get some nice tech shirts printed up with a CUF logo and post photos wearing the club shirt at any races we do, or even just when you go for a run somewhere interesting? I think it would be kind of cool. Possibly once a year we could designate a race as the club's "goal race" and as many as could make it could meet somewhere and do the race.

I was a part of something similar to this. I used to belong to a message board devoted to the Las Vegas marathon, and a bunch of us committed to running 21 straight Vegas marathons (Vegas...21...get it?). We formed a club called the LVM 21, which I unfortunately ceased membership in when the race became a complete mess. So much for my committment.
              http://www.lvm21.com

I would be willing to give some time to the cause. What kinds of features or benefits would people like to see if we did something like this?

And just for the record, I would probably just put my name on my shirt, not my board moniker.
              I would be interested in this.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, and if we get this going, maybe we ought to get a few designs together and see what we think, choosing the best one. For some reason, I envisioned it in DSORB, but maybe that won't set well with others.
              Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

what is a singlet in runners parlance? I only know it was those spandexy outfits that wrestlers wear. I am hoping you guys are not talking about those.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                  Now that I think of it, and if we get this going, maybe we ought to get a few designs together and see what we think, choosing the best one. For some reason, I envisioned it in DSORB, but maybe that won't set well with others.
                  This is a good idea, and of course I'm all in. I was actually on the phone with Universal Athletics about custom printed technical tees as you posted this. Good timing.
                  sigpic
                  "Outlined against a blue, gray
                  October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                  Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    what is a singlet in runners parlance? I only know it was those spandexy outfits that wrestlers wear. I am hoping you guys are not talking about those.
                    I'm in.

And by the way, I'm a little sad I couldn't join the distance challenge because I was away from the internet for most of July and missed the sign-up. I'm good for 30 miles a week. Maybe we can do it again next year.
                    "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                    -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
                      I'm in.

And by the way, I'm a little sad I couldn't join the distance challenge because I was away from the internet for most of July and missed the sign-up. I'm good for 30 miles a week. Maybe we can do it again next year.
                      et tu Solon? But you are a cyclist at heart. You must sign up for the cycling team if you sign up at all.
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

et tu Solon? But you are a cyclist at heart. You must sign up for the cycling team if you sign up at all.
                        I'm really a runner who wants to learn cycling. I figure I've got about 10-15 years of running left before my body wears out, but I can cycle for another 35+ years. It's about the future for me.

After I'm done with school, I'm going to lean on CUF's experts to help me find a good but affordable road bike.
                        "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                        -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

Originally posted by Solon View Post
                          I'm in.

I didn't join up either because there was initially a very aggressive anti-machinist attitude that I found to be somewhat intimidating. I am also good for about 30 miles per week. Next time people should be nice if they want their team to benefit from those miles!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I only run in technical shirts, but he may be talking about those tank top running shirts.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              I only run in technical shirts, but he may be talking about those tank top running shirts.
                              I just googled "runner singlet" I and think you are correct. they seem to be referring to a tank top. why would you call a tank top a singlet? are there other tank tops that come in multiple pieces?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X